Question..about Elastix on VMware

drinkndrive

i have a question...

i have a windows 2003 server + WildCard TDM400P on it ....but i havn't install the windows driver for it....

so if i install Elastix on VMware, would the Elastix detects my TDM400 card ? or i need to install the TDM400 driver for Elastix ?

Bob

drinkndrive,

Your thinking and statements don't appear to be clear....

Are you installing VMWARE on your Windows Server, and there for need drivers for Windows 2003, because VMWARE can't see the card??

First of all, it is a clear recommendation that you forget about Windows running a Elastix system. It is not impossible, but you are going to find very few people interested in helping you out as it is not a viable option, due to issues of hardware timing and possibly other related issues. What may work on the current release of kernel, may not work on the next release.

What is workable, is a VMware Server ESX(i) utilising an external PSTN/E1/T1 gateway. You will find most will tell you, that if you are going to virtualise, then stick to external Gateways and make your life easier.

You can look at XEN, as I know a few people have worked with the TDM400 and got it working well, but mainly through sheer hardwork and having the knowledge.

When it comes down to it, if it is going into production use, then either a dedicated box, or a VMWARE system with an external Gateway.

If it is a home or play system to learn how to use it, you are far better off grabbing an old PC with 40Gb h/d and 512Mb of memory (most can be picked up for free or second hand for <$99.

Regards

Bob

drinkndrive

Thank you Bob...

i get the point now....if i want to go for a virtualised Elastix, i better stick with external gateway.....:p

coz i have been spending sometime to get the TDM400 card going on a virtualised Elastix...but with no luck.

:) thanks for all the answers

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti