Question about a2billing

Discussion in 'General' started by infolyseis, May 2, 2009.

1. infolyseis

Apr 6, 2009
    i have one question about a2billing
    im new user in asterisk and i try to setup a2billing for my customers. I have a technical support company and i want to create for each customer one card, when the customer call to my company for help -IVR press 1 for support, press 2 for sales etc... - customer press 1, after that it types the card number and one of technician answer the call. Minimum cost 30 minutes
    how to do that and wich file must configure (a2billing.conf etc...)
    Because im new i would like step by step or some documentation to solve my problem.
    I use elastix.

2. jessie

Sep 17, 2008
    I have the same objective. So far no one is able to give me a help. At the moment here is what I achieved which may somehow give you something to play around. Hoping we can help each other on each result and share what we may end up.

1. On the Elastix menu, click on the Extra ans install the "Calling Cards" module.

2. Default Username: root, Password: myroot. Change the password or you may change the whole profile for your security and protection.

3. Now, open your SSH console and did the following.

4. I add up this line "#include additional_a2billing_sip.conf" in /etc/asterisk/sip_custom.conf (ofcourse no quotation mark)

5. I add this line "#include extensions_a2billing.conf" in extensions_custom.conf

6. I double check if my a2billing.conf has this correct parameters:
    hostname = localhost
    port = 5432
    user = a2billinguser
    password = a2billing
    dbname = mya2billing
    ;dbtype = postgres
    dbtype = mysql

7. In manager_custom.conf, I add the following line:
    manager_host = localhost
    manager_username = a2billinguser
    manager_secret = a2billing

8. In extensions_a2billing.conf, I change the config with the following:
    exten => _s.,1,Answer
    exten => _s.,n,Wait(2)
    exten => _s.,n,DeadAGI(a2billing.php|1)
    exten => _s.,n,Wait(2)
    exten => _s.,n,Hangup

exten => _s.,1,DeadAGI(a2billing.php|2|callback)
    exten => _s.,n,Hangup

exten => _s.,1,DeadAGI(a2billing.php|2|callback)
    exten => _s.,n,Hangup

exten => _s.,1,DeadAGI(a2billing.php|2|cid-callback|1
    exten => _s.,n,Hangup

exten => _s.,1,deadAGI(a2billing.php|1|did)
    exten => _s.,2,Hangup

You may change the parameters in custom-a2billing-did for the "_s." with your DID or DDI number if your DID doesn't ring down to the prepaid engine, e.g.

exten => 15101234567,1,deadAGI(a2billing.php|1|did)
    exten => 15101234567,2,Hangup

9. Now it's time to do some profile and configuration in the GUI. In the Elastix under the menu PBX, I open the Unembedded FreePBX. Open up the side menu on Tools and click the Custom Destination. Now, create a custom-destination like the following below:

Custom Destination: custom-a2billing-did,15101234567,1 (the number 15101234567 is my DID#)
    Description: custom-a2billing-did
    (Other than this parameters, keep the default settings)

10. Logout to the FreePBX. Now I go to the Elastix and change my Inbound Route. I change the destination of my DID# to Custom Applications: custom-a2billing-did

11. Going back to the A2billing GUI (Extra -> Calling Cards), go to:
    - Generate Customers
    - Customers -> Create Customer
    -> Create SIP-FRIEND
    b.) RATECARD
    - Create Call Plan
    - Create New RateCard
    - Add Rate
    - Create CallerID Group
    - Add CID
    d.) DID
    - Add DID Group
    - Add DID (same as the DID number in Elastix Inbound Routes)
    - Add Destination (i'm not sure if this the bottleneck of my problem, I just put the number from the SIP-FRIEND I created).

That's it. So far this is where I end up. When I call the DID number, I get the respond "please enter your PIN number". As I have said I'm still looking some answers on how to complete this objective. Please share some info when you manage to have resolve.
  3. jessie

Sep 17, 2008

It is quite quick that I figure out how your question works. During my simulation I manage to get on the same object same as yours. I'd like to share it here but I want to make it well documented before doing so. You may add my instant messenger if you are interested to know my resolve, it is: and

4. mostafa33

May 25, 2010
    is there a method to add a message asking for the card password also after entering the card number (pin number)???