Quad Core Processor

Discussion in 'General' started by garfield81, Jan 28, 2010.

1. garfield81

After testing Elastix on a test Dell Desktop I loaded it onto a Dell server with a quad core processor and it has been having some wierd issues with audio. For example dialing *65 on a phone hooked to the dell server says "your extension is" and hangs up and while calling out I sometimes hear no dial tome or audio at all. Is there something special I need to do due to the quad core? I had none of these issues with the Dell desktop.

BTW I loaded the 32 bit ISO on it.

Thanks

2. rafael

what version of elastix are you using?

regards,

Rafael

3. garfield81

Rafael,
    I downloaded the 1.6 32 bit ISO

4. rafael

can you send us the ouptput of your asterisk CLI when you do the call?
    Code:
    asterisk -rvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

For big servers you should use 64 bit version. Specially if you are using more than 4G of ram.

regards,

Rafael

5. garfield81

Rafael,
    I finally got it working and it was not related to the quad core.

Regarding the dial tone it was something to do with SIP Nat tunneling so I figured that one out.

As far as the extension issue when dialing *65 it so happened that when I backed up my test server (Dell Desktop) using Elastix backup module and restored it onto the production server FreePBX populated all the extensions but for some reason they were not registering with asterisk. So as a workaround I had to go into each and every extension in FreePBX and click Submit and then click the Orange reload bar for the extensions to register with Asterisk.

Thanks for your help