Pull data from the MySQL database to show on a ...

Discussion in 'General' started by Mathiau, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Mathiau

New office, and with Elastix one reason i liked it was the mysql backend.

Now, our operation manager would love to have a tv, with stats on it, things like calls waiting, calls answered, avg call time and so on in the customer support area.

I assume that this info would be stored in the database for Elastix and could be easily pulled and displayed...

Is this at all possible? and if so anyone know of a good way to do it, or if it is not directly possible, know of a way to do it?

2. jgutierrez

Sure, it is very possible, you will only need to do the programming, as I say, on open source, all is possible :laugh:

All data is stored on asteriskcdrdb (mysql)

3. Mathiau

awsome, just the answer i was looking for!

now, i assume i can access the MySQL DB via what ever we use, php based pages for example or something..

how hard is it to set the external access to the DB?

4. dicko

As an addendum to jgutierrez' post:

rasterisk -x 'show queues'
    and
    rasterisk -x 'show agents'
    and
    rasterisk -x 'show channels'
    etc, etc, etc . . .

will give you closer to real time status (before it gets to the mysql tables) for a "wall board/tv".

but as he says, and I almost agree that "everything is possible", just choose your language and 'go for it'

(I haven't been able to make asterisk pour me a beer yet! :) :) )

5. Mathiau

no beer!! thats it, i am switching to a paid pbx system then!

lol

sure that will be next, appreciated on that code, i am sure once i get one of out coders on this, they will have lots of questions, maybe they can compensate by sending over some beer :)

6. jgutierrez

For the real time application, I will recommend you to use AGIs when an extension answer a call, you will need to take a look into extensions.conf or into extensions_additionals.conf, as well, to place a DeadAGI when the call is closed (also take a look into extensions.conf and into extensions_additionals.conf), and save the data into another databse & table, so your aplication will be continuosly checking it, and if you would like it to be accurate, you may use triggers..

If you will need to set AGIs on extensions_additional.conf, you will need to edit the freepbx templates, located at
    /var/www/html/admin/

7. dicko

Or, to save yourself time and money, Our friend Nicolas at http://www.asternic.biz/ who gave us FOP for free, might have what you need already. (this is not a commercial, just a nod to one of Elastix' progenitors ).

JM2CWAE

8. Mathiau

that is looking awsome!!!! that could be just what i need, much appreciated

9. Mathiau

looks pretty good, looks like alot of reporting options, have to see if it can do like ajax style real time updating on the fly....

10. dicko

:) Just pay the license and it's realtime, this guy is good!

11. Mathiau

i have our senior programmer now interested in this project! So may be able to pop out our own display, worse case, i fall back to your recomendation.

i assume i need to first SSH into the pbx system and allow external access to the MySQL?

12. Chilling_Silence

Yeah, if you're wanting to use MySQL.

Otherwise if you're using the AMI, just create a new Manager user and telnet in on 5038 :)