PSTN to Remote Extension

Discussion in 'General' started by sirbones, Mar 2, 2009.

1. sirbones

Feb 15, 2009

I have a few little questions. Let me explain the situation

2 Locations

LocationA Extension Range 1xx
    LocationB Extension Range 20x & 21x

Each is running Elastix

Please note, I have IAX2 Trunks setup using the host ips and nice and simple settings I took out of the Elastix without tears handbook.

When someone calls from PSTN to LocationB, I want them to be able to type in extension 1xx and land on their phone

When someone calls from PSTN to LocationA, I want them to be able to type in the extensions for LocationB and land on their phone

Also, having the extensions listed in each phone directory would be ideal.

Secondly, I have a Queue to which does RRmemory on LocationA to which callers from PSTN must land in for support.

I am trying to figure out the best course of action on both of these, I would assume this is some stuff that others have gotten past.

Any suggestions and help would be great
  2. jgutierrez

Feb 28, 2008
    1. The first thing that you need to know is the context's name of the IVR, you may get it is you call into your elastix and get it from the cli, it should be something like: ivr-2

2. have created the IAX2 trunk that communicates with the other Elastix

3. have created an outbound route for the other Elastix, lets assume that you call the route: ElastixB

4. go to /etc/asterisk/extensions_additional.conf and find the secction that says: [outbound-allroutes]
    there you will find the name of your trunk with a prefixed name, in this example, it will be:

5. go to /etc/asterisk/extensions_custom, and at the end of the file write the following context:

include => outrt-004-ElastixB
    I have named the context ivr-2-custom because on the item #1 I got that the name of the ivr's context was: ivr-2

save the file, and execute the following command from the shell: asterisk -rx "reload"