PSTN calls via FXO card delays 30s to ring extens

Discussion in 'General' started by concentra, Apr 24, 2009.

1. concentra

Hi.
    I have a Openvox A1200P with 8 FXOs.
    PSTN calls via FXO card delays up to 30s to ring extensions but I need it to ring immediately.
    I have only one Inbound Route type "catch all" and only ring group associated to it.
    I edited /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf , changing immediate=yes and rebooted the system, but it seems not to work.
    Any help will be apreciated...
    Mauricio Faria.

2. concentra

Help !!!
    I am running this in a production environment and if I can´t fix this issue I will need to uninstall Elastix I try another solution...
    And I really don´t know how to fix this.

3. ramoncio

Which dial patterns have you put in the outbound routes?
    You possibly need to make them less general.
    A dial pattern like this

0|.

would work, but it would wait for you to dial more digits.

It is better if you do something like this

0|9XXXXXXXX

Here in Spain we use numbers like 912345678, so this is why I'v e put the leading 9.

4. concentra

At first, thanks for your help.
    I am not talking about outgoing calls, I am talking about incoming calls.
    When a call comes in, sometimes it rings the extensions immediately but sometimes it took 30 or 40 seconds to extensions begin ringing.
    I noted that because I can see the incoming calls in FOP and the extensions do not ring.
    I have other issues with my Elastix instalation but this is critical because the persons who are calling here think that there are nobody answering the fone calls.
    I will take care of the other issues when I resolve this one.

5. dicko

Fax detection and attempts to resolve callerID can delay ringing. Immediate=yes is for outgoing dialtone detection.
    Use the asterisk CLI in verbose mode to diagnose/debug, (poor DNS response can, strangely, also delay dialplan progress if SIP trunks are present)

6. concentra

The problem seemed to go away, like magic...
    If DNS response can do this I think it´s the best shot since I had some trouble with the internet connection and I have a SIP trunk.
    Sometimes internet goes down and this side effect is a big problem to me...
    Is there a way to avoid this ?

7. dicko

Search these fora, there are plenty of suggestions but as yet no definitive answer, the problem would appear to be systemic in asterisk, the workarounds are many. My solution is to setup a "loopback" local trunk which of course doesn't go anywhere but solves the problem for me, I wait with bated breath for our esteemed "Bob"'s analysis/answer.