Provisioning Polycom IP501s

JosephYashar

Hello Everyone,
I am just starting with Elastix. Got my server successfully installed, created a couple of user accounts, extensions, VM ... Now I am trying to tie a couple of Polycom SoundStation IP 501's to these extensions. The server hardware detector sees both phones, and I can assign them to the extensions. However the phones do not see the server. Upon power-up / reboot they try to upload some config file, and after a while they error out complaining that they either cannot find the server, or cannot communicate with it. I have tried all possible protocols in the server type settings on the phones, FTP, FTP(s)... with and without user-name/password. I entered the server IP and all the needed info in the phones. No luck...
Any ideas on how to get through this? Thanks for your help!!!

jgutierrez

If phones are on the same LAN, on the polycom configuration settings, you should set it up to TFTP (through the Polycom hard phone options).
If you have used the endpoint detection toll, you should be able to see taht your phones where configured without any issue (there should be a green message).

JosephYashar

Thanks for your response. I do get the green "Configured without incident." msg. on the server. When I use TFTP on the hard phone settings, after reboot the error msg on the phone is "Error, application not present." I don't understand what application???

jgutierrez

I would download the latest firmware from polycom wesite (SIP & BOOT) and paste the sip.cfg file under /tftpboot directory, make sure that the owner for those files is asterisk, then reboot again your phone.

JosephYashar

That did the trick. Thanks for your help!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marouen