Provisioning Grandstream Phones.

dbonilla

hey guys,

first of all, this is a really good project.

I'm in the process to start working with elastix instead of trixbox, :)

in trixbox the endpoint manager you are able to provision the phones after you run a script that create the template file and the conf file, i'm testing elastix in my lab with GXP2000 and GXP2010 i see that there is a template for the GXP2000 but after i add the phone in the endpoint section what else i have to do to enable the provisioning???

usually in trixbox the script creates the files in the /tftpboot folder. and i just go to each phone and change the ip for the config server.

Thanks in advance

fmvillares

look for colsolgrp endpoint manager in google is a freepbx module the defacto standar in endpoint config

dbonilla

mmm Good to know, so i can install it and then use the unembedded freepbx unit???

so the freepbx is not fork with elastic like trixbox does?

fmvillares

you could use the unembeddded without any problem to extend your system
one good practice is always make a backup before and after a major change

dbonilla

Ok, so this is the way to provisioning the phones, what about the endpoint manager(EPM) in elastix itself, when i created the extention i went to the EPM and it says that "Configured without incident." i check the tftpfolder and the files are there, do you think if anything that i have to do on the phones to grab the config from the server?

fmvillares

i dont know anything about that endpoint the times ive used ages ago it was not functional. and right now its too basic compared to colsolgrp to even try it again

dbonilla

Got it, I was on http://projects.colsolgrp.net website, i was trying to find out a manual or instruction on how set it up, it looks like the right way to provision device and the phone that we use are mainly grandstream and some snom,

by any change do you have the step on how install it or a wiki that i can follow to keep testing Elastix?

Thanks

fmvillares

i think theer are no manuals but its too trivial man...if you know how your phone works its simply try and test

dbonilla

Ok, Thank you for your help.

I'm going to test something first, my DHCP server i think does not have the opt 66 setup maybe that is one of my problems, i also found this forum that show how install the module directly from the free pbx.

http://pbxinaflash.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4514

Thanks again :laugh:

fmvillares

thanx to you !!! Try it for a day or 2 broke it fix it and thats the way you will learn and of course again dont forget to upgrade karma to every one that helps you !!!

dbonilla

Hey Fernando, after a few research thanks to you :laugh:

i was able to setup the end point configuration manager for Freepbx, everything is sweet bro...

i had to do some change it to have the Grandstream working and getting provision from the server the problem that i see now is that after the phone is register the clock that is showing on the display is wrong also the date is wrong it is showing the month and the day fine but not the year (02/01/1900),

do you know where can i change that???

also in trixbox i use to check the logs for the tftp provisioning with this command

tail -f /var/log/atftpd.log

i couldn't find the file, any way to check those log?? sometime they are good for troubleshoot. :woohoo:

martinezh

Hello Folks,

Sorry for the questions... But I was wonder if you can tell me how you setup my Grandstream phone (GXP2020), using the provisioning EndPoint Manager?... I tried several times, but still the phone does not do anything, even if the phone is listed on Elastix provisioning tool.

Thank you for the help! :)

dbonilla

Hey Martinezh,

are you using the PBX end point manager(PBX-EPM) application from FREEPBX or the one that comes with elastix?

I wasn't able to get the phone working using the one that comes with elastix i had to unembedded the freepbx and then install the module for the PBX-EPM after that i was able to provision my phones.

i'm using gxp-2000 i will try later today with the gxp-2010 to see how it goes, but it should be the same :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti