Problems with voice announcements and a network ca

Discussion in 'General' started by dimangelid, Oct 22, 2008.

1. dimangelid

Hello. I have installed version 1.10 for a company. Incoming and outgoing calls are made using an HFC isdn card. All features are working well except voice announcements. As a result i can't setup voice mail, call transfer using ## and transfering calls to a parking lot. I have re-installed Elastix 3 times with no result. The motherboard is Albatron PM73V . Another problem i had was with the internal network card of the motherboard. Elastix did'nt recognized it. I fixed that installing a PCI 3COM card. The biggest problem is with the voice announcements. I would be grateful to anyone who can help me to solve the problem with the voice announcements and the internal network card of the motherboard. he main problem is with the voice announcements.

2. danardf

hi.

I try to help you...

If you try to make a queue with an announcement, in internal, you can dial this queue and listen the announcement?

3. danardf

4. dimangelid

I can't try this now because i am in another city than the company and remote control doesn't work for some reason... When i was in the company 2 days ago, i tried everything that produces a voice announcement (70 to reserve a parking lot, dialing a wrong extension, dialing *97 and *98 to access the voice mail, dialing the echo test etc) but i never heard voice...

5. danardf

Ok.

Look your codecs. (extension), and try to add gsm codec.

Try to use the debug mode into asterisk, trace your call, and look the result.

6. dimangelid

Now i have remote access to that system. I set up disa, i called the company's telephone from my mobile without caller id restriction, elastix answered the call but no voice.

7. dimangelid

I have a log. I took it when i called the company's PBX to access disa. In that log voice prompts for entering the disa password didn't work.

[root@elastix ~]# asterisk -grvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
    Asterisk 1.4.18, Copyright (C) 1999 - 2008 Digium, Inc. and others.
    Created by Mark Spencer <markster@digium.com>
    Asterisk comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; type 'core show warranty' for details.
    This is free software, with components licensed under the GNU General Public
    License version 2 and other licenses; you are welcome to redistribute it under
    certain conditions. Type 'core show license' for details.
    =========================================================================
    == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf': Found
    == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/extconfig.conf': Found
    Connected to Asterisk 1.4.18 currently running on elastix (pid = 2835)
    Verbosity is at least 34
    -- Executing [210683****@from-pstn:1] Set("mISDN/1-u6", "__FROM_DID=210683****") in new stack
    -- Executing [210683****@from-pstn:2] GotoIf("mISDN/1-u6", "0 ?cidok") in new stack
    -- Executing [210683****@from-pstn:3] Set("mISDN/1-u6", "CALLERID(name)=694580####") in new stack
    -- Executing [210683****@from-pstn:4] NoOp("mISDN/1-u6", "CallerID is "694580####" <694580####>") in new stack
    -- Executing [210683****@from-pstn:5] Goto("mISDN/1-u6", "disa|1|1") in new stack
    -- Goto (disa,1,1)
    -- Executing [1@disa:1] Set("mISDN/1-u6", "TIMEOUT(digit)=5") in new stack
    -- Digit timeout set to 5
    -- Executing [1@disa:2] Set("mISDN/1-u6", "TIMEOUT(response)=10") in new stack
    -- Response timeout set to 10
    -- Executing [1@disa:3] Playback("mISDN/1-u6", "enter-password") in new stack
    -- <mISDN/1-u6> Playing 'enter-password' (language 'gr')
    == Spawn extension (disa, 1, 3) exited non-zero on 'mISDN/1-u6'

I noticed something that is very strange. Sometimes voice prompts work. I was not able to take a log when voice prompts worked.

EDIT

I have done another installation at a lawyers office that works perfectly. I compared all the files at the /etc/asterisk directories of the two pbx's and are the same (except those that contain extension and inbound/outbound routes) . I can't understand what is happening...

EDIT 2

At the logs were i have * is the company's telephone number and # is my mobile phone number.

EDIT 3
    I forgot to tell you which is the router i am using. It's the US Robotics 9108. Maybe the router is the problem? I will try the Thomson Speedtouch 585i V6 (ISDN version) . At the lawyers office they have a Speedtouch 536i V6 which is working perfectly. With the 9108 i had another problem: i tried to connect remotely to the PBX using a softphone (SJphone) and i didn't have sound. I connected at the same time to the lawyers office PBX (that has the Speedtouch 536i as a router) and it worked perfectly. I disabled siproxd at the 9108 (i know that is a problem some times) and no luck. 9108 also has another serious problem: if it is disconnected from the DSLAM or the internet provider, it is very difficult to reconnect itself and most of the times it needs to switch it off and on...

8. danardf

For the EDIT3, Maybe you can have the problem with your modem/router.
    You can use rtp debug, and to look if you have the result.
    But, i don't believe :dry:

What's the DTMF parameter into your trunk?
    • AUTO
    • RFC2833

If sometime it's work....hmmm... Increase your RXgain into mISDN parameter. Maybe the level is too below to receive the DTMFs codes.

Into zaptel what's the parameter?

9. dimangelid

I didn't manage to solve the problem. I tried to install trixbox, the installation was successful but when i installed webmin and samba, asterisk died (the "died" asterisk was a very common problem when i was using trixbox) , i reinstalled it but no luck. I thought to try another pc, bought in 2004 or 2005 (Intel Celeron 2,8 GHz with 512MB ram and 80GB IDE hard disk) and guess what: elastix worked perfectly without problems. The internal network card of that motherboard was recognized instantly, voice announcements also worked (and are working till now) perfectly. So maybe trixbox cd does not contain some necessary drivers. The router was not a problem because it worked the same with the US Robotics 9108 and Speedtouch 585i v6. So, it's all working fine now and i continue to use US Robotics as a router.

10. danardf

Ha ok... i'm happy for you. :)

Strange that the configuration hard was incompatible!
    Like you, i think that there had not the good driver (Chipset..etc).
    It's possible. :huh: