Problems with SIP softphones

NickViz

Hello everybody,

Lately I managed to install Elastix and it works quite good with the ISDN trunks and hardware phones.

However, I'm getting terrible results with the softphones (PC+wired handset) I planned to use for some of our employees. The loudness and the recording level is far too low. In some cases it's just quiet call, but for some PC it's practically unbearable. You can't hear it. The Skype installed on the same machines work without any problem, the speed is clear and loud.
First I thought that it's related with the IAX trunks used to bind 2 offices, but then I realized that the problem is the same even in one office. I used some different softphones (3CXPhone, Mizu, SJPhone) but without big success. CounterPath X-Lite didn't work at all (I tested it few months ago - AFAIK the microphone didn't work).

So, my question to community - does anybody have success in using softphones in his infrastructure? If so - what model do you use? Any other hints or suggestions?
Meanwhile I'll try to add now some more hardphones, but it didn't solve the problem.

So, please help and thanks in advance!

Nikolai.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marouen