Problems with Hudlite

Discussion in 'General' started by bellaudda, Nov 2, 2009.

1. bellaudda

I have hudlite working but I have problems with parking a call. When a call comes in and I drag the call into a call parking section hears busy tone and then it hangs up. The same if I drag the call in hold section. What can I do? Thanks.

2. Bob

Bob

Under the configuration section on the client, have you got the parking extension setup to match what you have on the PBX configuration.

I seem to remember that it does not work well when you have changed the parking extension away from the default that Hudlite had set. However, it has been a long time since I last played with it, so take that last comment with a grain of salt.

However, my advice is to head away from Hudlite. You cannot rely on its forward development or time frames or costs. It may work now for you, but there are no guarantees that it will work on later versions of Asterisk and Freepbx. You should look at http://www.trixbox.org/forums/trixbox-f ... ud-lite-28 and I think you will get the general idea. Most people were prepared to wait for the later version to come out, but it got longer and longer, then there was mention of a commercial version only, then came the clanger that they were only making it available on their Pseudo-hosted commercial system. This is partly behind the comments in that thread. To be fair, the move making it commercial is their own decision, and one that they have the right to make for commercial reasons, but it would have kept a lot of people happier if they had said that, a couple of years earlier.

You have to ask yourself, would you commit to a product that is going to limit or completely stifle your chances of upgrading Elastix/Asterisk later on. If it is for a system in commercial use, I would not implement it. Go with something such as FOP or FOP2 (small charge), or better still wait for the Elastix offering in version 2.0. At least these have a track record of hanging around and in general delivering what they say.

Regards

Bob