Problems listening to voicemail using the webpanel

Discussion in 'General' started by Perez, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Perez

Mar 5, 2009
    As default, Elastix records voicemails in wav49 and wav formats.
    wav49 files are named xxx.WAV
    wav files are named xxx.wav (note the case in the extension)

When you want to hear a vm using the web panel, the php script gets the proper file WITH the lowercase extension (in this case wav) so it plays the standard wav format for the users. This is fine as long as you dont change recording formats.

The setup:
    Due to space on the hard disk, we want the system to record ONLY in wav49 (as well as sending the attachment via email) and we want the users to be able to use the web panel to listen to the recordings either with InternetExplorer or with Firefox. So we went into the vm_general.conf file and added format=wav49 (previously it was format=wav49|wav). We restarted elastix and all voicemails are now being saved in wav49 format.

the problem:
    The problem we found is that the PHP script that allows you to Listen/Download the vm is only looking for the "wav" formated file (xxx.wav) and is not paying attention that now it is in wav49 format and should look for xxx.WAV files.

should it be possible to tell the specific php scripts to look for WAV instead of wav files?
    Where is the script? what line do you recommend to change? is this a bug?

Also, since I changed to wav49, now my IE and my firefox complain of a missing plug-in. Which plug in to listen to this vm's is now missing?

2. izrunas

Mar 4, 2009
    Why not use mp3 format? Much wider support and also gives you the space savings you seek.