Problem with Voicemail

Discussion in 'General' started by strongbow242, Nov 14, 2009.

1. strongbow242

Having a strange problem with voicemail. I have installed 1.6 stable from the ISO on a formatted system. I have 2 sip trunks and 3 sip extensions and 3 IAX2 FAX extensions. One trunk is routed to a hunt ring group for FAX annd the other trunk is for voice. I have setup a very nice system with IVR, day/night, time groups/conditions. If I route calls with my inbound route directly to my main extension, voicemail will pickup the unanswered call correctly and receive to the correct mailbox. If I route the call through ANYTHING else, i.e. an announcement, day/night, an ivr, voicemail won't get the mailbox number and answers with a beep and "ComedianMail Mailbox". Any thoughts?

I have not done any updates to the system. This is the third time I have installed 1.6. I tried updating before and that didn't fix. I tried updating Elastix and FreePBX and that didn't fix anything.

2. strongbow242

Well I figured out the problem. If (on my system at least) the DEFAULT ring time in the GENERAL SETTINGS is set over 15, the problem occurs. If it is set TO 15, voicemail picks up normally. If the ring time is set to over 15 on the EXTENSION, the problem occurs, if equal to 15, it works.

Is this a BUG or a FEATURE??