Problem with trunk sip or iax betweeen countryes

dacos1979

HEllo

I had tested trunks sip and iax between 2 asterisk in many places its work very good, but now a had used the similar trunks between 2 box to Panama on Colombia, the problem is when there are 2 or more calls, the voice is very bad and it cuts.

I think that problem is the traffic on teh international net, but with one call it works fine, and 2 calls are very little to fill a channel, any idea??

Thanks.

Elastix wonderful project!!!!

dicko

Obviously, Neither protocol (SIP or IAX2) is country aware.

These problems are normally caused by the "pairing agreements" of the two involved ISP's, and any "traffic shaping" either or both have in place.

Use

traceroute

from one box to the other (and vice versa) and you will be probably be able to see where the slow routers are.
Troubleshooting any bandwidth throttling is a little more complicated.

apart from any QOS policies you have in place I'm afraid you are at the mercy of your ISP's.

Chilling_Silence

Could be a bandwidth issue, what codec are you using ?

dacos1979

Thanks for your answers, dicko you have rigth, but i am searching a solution, chiling my bandwidth in Colombia is 2 M and Panama 1 M, but the problem is today too, Sunday without any traffic in the company, codecs all posibles ullaw, allaw, gsm, g711a, etc. Thanks.

ramoncio

Did you try g729? This is intended for low bandwidth use...

Do you have a symmetric DSL service there? The most common here in Spain is having a asymmetric DSL (ADSL), with lower upload than download. For example, I have 20Mb/1Mb ADSL.
I tell you this because the upload speed is as important as the download speed to have a good voice connection.

Chilling_Silence

We have the same here in New Zealand, except our upload is generally slower, not to mention our countries biggest ISP oversubscribes their ADSL exchanges and so peoples speeds are poorly affected.

g729 / iLBC would be a good idea to try. If you cant do that, try gsm :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mehdii_igi