Problem with softkey and topsoftkey on 57i

Discussion in 'IP Phones' started by olivier1010, Nov 29, 2009.

1. olivier1010

We can't use 6 softkeys or topsofkeys on the 57i on the same page.

As soon as we try to put 6 keys, the "plus" key does appear.

Would it be possible to correct the firmware so that we can have 6 keys on the same page without "plus" key ?

It is often desirable to avoid multiple key pages on the phone to avoid user errors.

Sometimes, if a key is masked on a page, the user can miss LED alarms, like a message waiting for example.

For efficiency, we limit the number of keys to 5, but we would prefer 6 keys on the same page.

In the same area, It would be interesting as well, to give us a paramater inside .cfg files to allow locking users on the extension page 1.
    Sometime users can change inadvertly the extension page on do not know how to come back. So they call the service support.

Most of the time, having more than one page on extension modules is not useful, and anyway 57i cannot deal with more than 50 BLF.

It is always better to put 2 or 3 extensions modules than relying on extension page switch.

2. aastra1

Hi again olivier1010,

You are not the first one to ask for this change in the firmware, it is not as easy as it looks... but your request has been introduced in our enhamcement request database. Maybe next firmware?

First time we hear this one, again I will record the request.

I have also seen another request from you to have the 'more' LED lit if a LED is lit on the following page. Interesting request.

Sorry, that's the best I can do from here.

Regards

aastra1

3. olivier1010

it would allow as well to get three more keys as we could get back the three page switching keys on the extension module.