Problem with remote extension in Netherlands

rollinsolo

Wow I did not even know there were different kinds of Natting, I imagine this is one of my problems and can never emulate the settings I have at home since the remote sites use a different ISP, I will try to set up the STUN server/client thanks for the TIP, Dicko what is that in your hand. Must be cool you look excited. Lol.

Various types of NAT (still according to the RFC)

* Full Cone: A full cone NAT is one where all requests from the same internal IP address and port are mapped to the same external IP address and port. Furthermore, any external host can send a packet to the internal host, by sending a packet to the mapped external address.
* Restricted Cone: A restricted cone NAT is one where all requests from the same internal IP address and port are mapped to the same external IP address and port. Unlike a full cone NAT, an external host (with IP address X) can send a packet to the internal host only if the internal host had previously sent a packet to IP address X.
* Port Restricted Cone: A port restricted cone NAT is like a restricted cone NAT, but the restriction includes port numbers. Specifically, an external host can send a packet, with source IP address X and source port P, to the internal host only if the internal host had previously sent a packet to IP address X and port P.
* Symmetric: A symmetric NAT is one where all requests from the same internal IP address and port, to a specific destination IP address and port, are mapped to the same external IP address and port. If the same host sends a packet with the same source address and port, but to a different destination, a different mapping is used. Furthermore, only the external host that receives a packet can send a UDP packet back to the internal host.

dicko

It's a firecracker

rollinsolo

Dicko any stun server setup software that you trust to install, or have used successfully before.

dicko

I think you need to read the voip-info site a little deeper,there are public stun servers listed on that site, the stun server needs to sit on the "internet" and referees, if you want the attempt s of your phone to get in touch with your asterisk box.
You just need to configure your phone as a stun client, that's all, use a public one as listed in that voip-info article.

It's been a long time since i've used one as it usually possible to work out how a particular firewall/nat box needs to be set up, and the phones I use seem never to have a problem, to be honest I find most just work, Obviously Your mileage has varied (you have read cover to cover the Elastix without tears book I assume)

(maybe one day asterisk will add stun support but AFAIK at this point in time it doesn't, and your server is on a public address so that is not your problem)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
v1c704