Problem with music on hold

Discussion in 'General' started by kidox, Feb 2, 2008.

1. kidox

Hello,

I have a problem with music on hold.
    I have created a group of music in hold called music1 and in each extension I have assigned it like his group. Also in inbound routes I have assigned it like group. But the problem comes when I call between softphones (I have only tried with it) when putting the call in hold pressing the hold button always plays the music of the group called default instead of music1.

Can anyone help me?
    Thank you a lot.

Best regards.

2. dingoland

Hi,

Do you restarted Asterisk portal ?
    Do you enabled the call waiting for this extension ?
    I will test it tomorrow on my box to see if i have the same problem.

Regards

3. kidox

Hello,

yes, I have already tried enabling call waiting and restarting asterisk, but it still doesn't work.
    Another error that I have is that I have erased the songs that comes with elastix in the default group and it still plays it.
    Please, tell me if you have the same problem too see if we can fix it.
    Thanks.

Regards.

Post edited by: kidox, at: 2008/02/04 13:40<br><br>Post edited by: kidox, at: 2008/02/04 13:47

4. dingoland

Hi Kidox,

I have tested this feature and at the beginning , i had the same problem than you, the MOH was the default playing when simulating incoming call (7777) and normal inbound call to my extension.

I forget to specify my MOH mp3 musics in the inbound route any DID / any CID.

After that, i test with an extension only and i got my MOH mp3 musics playing fine.
    To be sure i create a ring group with 2 extensions then mine and another.
    And simulate again incoming call by 7777 and normal incoming call and i listen my MOH mp3 musics again.

So for me it is working fine.
    The only difference with you is the format of the MOH files, mine are lame mp3, yours are wav.
    Are you sure about the wav files format ?
    It should be in Microsoft wav PCM 8000Khz 16bits mono.

Else try to upload them in lame mp3 format and don't forget before to install the lame mp3 codec in the Elastix server.

Hope this can help you....
    Regards<br><br>Post edited by: dingoland, at: 2008/02/04 18:22

5. kidox

Hello dingoland,

The places in which I have assigned the group of music on hold where at inbound routes any DID / any CID in the place that appears music on hold? and in every extension in the place where appears music on hold.

The music that I loaded was in mp3 and I already installed lame.
    With this it not works to me yet.

If it doesn't disturb to you send me an email to djkidox@gmail.com and I will tell you the IP and the password of my elastix server to see if you can take a look.

Thank you a lot.

Regards.

Post edited by: kidox, at: 2008/02/04 19:52<br><br>Post edited by: kidox, at: 2008/02/04 19:56

6. dingoland

I think the problem was in your general settings options, on the incoming dial options.
    But you have an IVR so, i don't know how it should work with an IVR installed.
    For the option m(music), as i said you, i don't know if it is valid.

Your ring groups options, inbound routes and extension options are correct.

In all cases, test and tell me...

Saludos