Problem with incoming calls from B100P OpenVox

Discussion in 'General' started by chrkalos, Jan 15, 2009.

1. chrkalos

Hi to all of you!
    This is my first post. I am technician of Panasonic pbx. For some time now I am trying to setup Elastix. My knowledge in Linux is very low (close to zero), and it is my first contact with Asterisk. With the help of Elastix without tears, Elastix User Manual English 0.9-alpha and lot of search in your forum, I have establish to install with success the Elastix 1.3 and now Elastix 1.4 beta. In both of them I managed to set up SIP extensions, SIP trunks (SIP extensions from my Panasonic PBX as trunks to Elastix) everything seems to be running smoothly. I also checked other features like IVR, music on hold, queues, time plans, custom contexts e.t.c.
    My problem is that I have installed the ISDN card from OpenVox B100P and I have followed the instructions from all over the Internet to successfully install the card (I think). All my outgoing calls are ok, plus toll restriction with the use of custom contexts. I can

2. chrkalos

:( Nobody replied. But it is ok.
    Still I manage to solve the problem. It looks like Asterisk is handling the calls from contexts. If the context from incoming call (in my case through ISDN) match a context to tell him the target then Asterisk is going to give tha call to this target. By default the extensions receive calls with context from-pstn.
    So in misdn.conf I had to edit:
    [general]
    misdn_init=/etc/mISDN.conf ; Sets the Path to the misdn-init.conf (for nt_ptp mode checking)

[isdnchannels]
    ports=1 ;(I have 1port card)
    context=from-pstn
    msns=*
    echocancel=yes

Then add a comment to all the other routings like:
    [intern]
    [internPP]
    [first_extern]
    [second_extern]

Meening i have to put ; before ports and msns. What I have now is that any call from my first port of BRI card has context from-pstn and now from Elastix I can handle the call from Inbound routes as I like:)
    Mabe that is going to help someone new to this world of Linux Asterisk like my self;)

My regards Chris

3. JPP1962

Hi Chris

Just to say thank you!
    I had the same problem and your post helped.

Regards

JPP

4. samix4u

Is this B100P OpenVox card support 30 channel bri interface. because i need to connect my analog pbx in to elastix using 30 channel bri interface.

5. danardf

Samix4u.

Are you sure that you can have 30 channels with a BRI card?
    I think that's only 2 channels (2 x B + D). ;)
    30 channels is for a PRI card (30 x B + 2 x D).

6. chrkalos

I agree.
    BRI is basic rate interface 2ch (2B channels of 64kbps each and one D channel 16kbps)
    PRI on the other hand is primary rate interface 30ch in Europe (30B channels of 64kbps each and one D channel 16kbps)
    So you need OpenVox D110P not B100P.

Regards Chris

7. danardf

Ok!

No no, 2 D channels 64k an not 16k!
    So 32 channels 64k (30 B + 2 D)

8. Joshoua

Hello!
    I am a newbie using Elastix too.
    Well, I had the exact same problem and have been trying to resolve it for a couple of days now.
    Thanks for your answer, it was the only one that helped.
    I was starting to get disappointed for a moment, but hey you did a great job and helped us all.
    Have a beer on me :)
    Thanks again man!!