Problem with imported address book.

Discussion in 'General' started by Leeinsa, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Leeinsa

Hi everyone,

I am a new elastix user with a little previous experience using asterisk 1.2. I like elastix very much but have a quick question. I have searched google but can find no answer to this issue.

My problem is I have a csv file containing hundreds of contacts, When I import them into the elastix address book, they are imported as private contacts, so none of the other users can see them. Is there a way of setting the public flag on these contacts so the other users can see them also?

I know I can enter each contact individually once imported and set it, but that will take days. can it be set from the list? Or somewhere in the elastix configuration?

Any help much appreciated.

Lee.

2. hinzinho

Elastix has an address book?

3. gnieboer

Lee,

Did you ever resolve this issue. I am facing the same problem and want to upload about 140 addresses as "public".

Thanks,

Gary

4. Leeinsa

Hey Gary,

Unfortunately I never had time to chase this solution and ended up leaving the address book out altogether. There have been no reply's here as you obviously see, so am not sure if this is actually possible at all. Good luck finding a solution and please post back here if you do so others can benefit too.

Lee.

5. burtonis

The addressbook is stored in a sqlite3 file in /var/www/db/address_book.db.

I only had a small addressbook so I used phpliteadmin to edit each record. You could either export to a CSV and use your favourite spreadsheet to change all the entries (but watch out for unintended changes like losing leading 0's in phone numbers!) or if you write a SQL to change each record's status field in table "contact" from "isPrivate" to "isPublic".

HTH

-Ian