Problem with Hylafax and IAX connection

After restarting amportal the IAXmodem are registered and reachable, everything seems to be
working fine.
After a few hours all IAXmodem channels are UNREACHABLE and no faxes are received.
On the Asterisk side the only error we can see is:
NOTICE[4123] chan_iax2.c: Peer '350' is now UNREACHABLE! Time: 3

On the IAXmodem device we see the following registration timeout error:
Registration timed out.

I got it running better with a touch in iax.conf ---> maxregexpire = 3600 . it delays the regitrations.
I did it and now my PBX runs better but still sometimes i see freezed modems needing to be restarted.
I really don't know what's wrong with this.
Try and let me know.

good luck!

Not sure, I don't currently have access to the server, will try it in the morning.

Hi there I have had the same problem using asterisk 1.4.19, if I'm not mistaken.

When I was using that version, I have created an script that will monitor my iax2 fax extension, and if they were down, it restarted them, that way, I wouldn't have to be checking 'em at every hour :S

Do the following:
1. add a crontab task
crontab -e
*/1 * * * * /etc/verificar_iax2.sh

2. create a script in /etc
#!/bin/sh
desregistrado=0
desregistrado=$(/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx "iax2 show peers" | grep "(Unspecified)" | wc -l)

if [ ! $desregistrado = 0 ]; then
/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx "restart when convenient"
mail jorge@elastix.com -s "Iax2 fax extensions down, asterisk was restarted"
fi

As you can see, I use "restart when convenient" that means, that it won't restart asterisk if there is a call (it won't be dropped), it will only restart if there is no activity, you may also use "restart gracefully", you may check it and see if you use it or not.

Nice script but is not the solution, the bug will still in your PBX i know that sometime we haven't another choice than live between bugs :woohoo: :woohoo: :laugh: :laugh:

Well the first solution worked ( or seems to be) now I need to try the second option, but I do not know if I will notice the results for that.
Further, it would be nice to hear from the dev team as to what is causing this bug !?!?

Thanks tolengo. I din't know about the maxregexpire parameter. I used to modify iaxmodem's /etc/iaxmodem/iaxmodem-cfg.ttyIAX* for every modem changing the refresh parameter from 300 to 60, but this is a much nicer solution.

I am glad to contribute to Elastix, it is a fantastic solution.

saludos ;)

I glad to contribute with Elastix fanatics like me :) , it is a fantastic solution.

saludos

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orbit114