problem when choosing partitioning type ...

Discussion in 'General' started by fabianus, Apr 1, 2009.

1. fabianus

Hello alll !

I just try to install Elastix 1.5.2 and during the first installation steps I have to choose the partitioning type. I tried all choices, but when hitting ok I get this error :

An error has occurred - no valid devices were found on which to create tew file systems. Please check your hardware for the cause of this problem.

By the way, on the partitioning type page, I see the quesiton "which drive(s) do you want to use for this installation? And below I just see to black rectangles. Hmm ? Does this mean that the hard disk is not found ?

Thanks a lot for any feedback !

Regards,
    Fabianus

2. ramoncio

I looks as if your hd controller is not supported out of the box.
    Search Google for support for your controller in CentOS. Maybe it works changing some bios settings or adding some grub boot parameters in menu.list

3. fabianus

Thank you very ramoncio ... I discovered that my dd is dead :)

Regards,
    Fabianus

4. ramoncio

5. Eham

I am having this problem because I am using an Nvidia chipset for SATA. This happens when I try to install anything with CentOS. Ubuntu works fine.

Question is, how can I make a workable driver disk?? The drivers, for Linux for my Nvidia are at http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_nforce_1.23.html

Will Linux divers (such as RHEL) be compatible with CentOS??