problem when calling voice mail extension

Discussion in 'General' started by saladolf, Aug 3, 2008.

1. saladolf

hi there

i am facing a strange problem, when i call the voice mail extension i don't here the system recording when it supposed to ask me for voice mail extension and password ...etc although i can see on the console that these recordings are being played and i am able to enter voice mail extension and password but i don't hear any thing from my phone. i have tried soft phones and hard phones and i changed the switch i am using but i got the same result.

and another thing, when i call another busy extension of course i don't hear the system says the person at extension xxx ...etc but then the system when it is supposed to go to voice mail it freezes unless i press many keys from the phone

is it a hardware problem (server problem) or something wrong with my configuration or ...:huh:

Please help, i am confused

2. rejil.rajan

Hi

Just to confirm is the recordings working for other things like IVR and all. Try downloading the latest libpri, and zaptel and recompile them. I had a similar issue and my issue was resolved by compiling libpri first, then zaptel followed by asterisk

Regards

3. saladolf

Thanks for your reply, please can u tell me where is the source files for zaptel and libpri. i have searched in /usr/src and i didn't find any thing

also if you know any recommended steps to do after installing the system before put it into production environment i would appreciate it

Thanks B)

4. rejil.rajan

Hi

You can get the source files for the asterisk.org site. If you could tell me which version of Elastix your using, i could pass you the kernel development package as you will need them for the libraries to do the compilation

5. saladolf

Hi

i am using Ver. 1.1, but i didn't understand what do you mean by kernel development packages, usually with normal asterisk systems with no GUI i don't use such things, i just make the packages and every thing is OK, please inform me

Thanks for your help

i really appreciate it:)

6. rejil.rajan

Hi

In the normal systems you will have the source in the system. In the case of Elastix, the source is not available so you will have to download the packages and install them with the kernel development package.You can check if it is installed already by giving the command rpm -q kernel-devel. if this is available, you can download and reinstall the libpri,zaptel and asterisk from asterisk.org

7. lek

lek Guest

Saladolf,

Send us the output of your CLI (in debug 9) when you call the voicemail.

8. saladolf

Hi

i have set the debug level to 9 then called *98 for VM access and i got:

elastix*CLI>
    -- Executing [*98@from-internal:1] Answer("SIP/222-09935b58", "") in new stack
    -- Executing [*98@from-internal:2] Wait("SIP/222-09935b58", "1") in new stack
    -- Executing [*98@from-internal:3] VoiceMailMain("SIP/222-09935b58", "") in new stack
    -- <SIP/222-09935b58> Playing 'vm-login' (language 'en')
    Really destroying SIP dialog '5998228891711-324809985255@192.168.44.150' Method: REGISTER
    elastix*CLI>

after that it just stopped with no action, after 10 minutes it played vm-login with unclear sound and then again stopped with no action.

but when i was trying with the system i noticed somthing, when i stop zaptel service everything is ok, but that is not good as i want to install digium cards and they don't function with out zaptel working. :blink:

thanx

BR

9. lek

lek Guest

Weird problem. What hardware are you using (mainboard, cards). Also, have you noticed something relevant in the /var/log/messages file?

Your installation is a normal installation or "Elastix on CentOS" or "virtualized", etc?

10. saladolf

Hi edgar

franklin i am doubting the hardware especially after installing elastix (normal elastix on centos) on my laptop on a virtual machine and every thing was OK

i am using elastix as normal installation on Hetis 945 Series powered by MSI
    Main Board: MS-7231 V2.x
    CPU: Intel P4 3.4Ghz 64 Bit PC800 775 2M CACHE
    Chipset: Intel ICH7 Cipset
    RAM: 1 GB
    Audio: 7.1-channel HD audio codec Realtek ALC888
    LAN: Intel Gigabit LAN

actually i didn't notice anything weird in the log file

if you have tested elastix on some hardware and the installation was reliable or if you recommend special hardware for elastix please advice

Thanx for your continuous support

11. saladolf

Please guys some body help, I've been waiting for 4 days, if any body know what is the source of the problem please help