problem sending fax

Discussion in 'General' started by telecomtechnician, Aug 28, 2008.

1. telecomtechnician

Hi there
    I have an elastix server with a 8 FXO port grandstream gateway. I configured correctly the fax server. I can receive fax perfect, but when I send a fax from a fax client connected on the same lan were the elastix server is, Everything starts fine, but when each fax starts to negociate, after a few seconds, the call is dropped. I´m thinking that is something related of the signalling over the ip network that the remote fax is not listening. Any way, if there is anyone with a comment or suggestion about it, please let me know

David Medina

2. DaveD

What codec is set in iaxmodem
    Default is slinear ,you could try changing them to ulaw or alaw then reboot and see if it works

Also what fax software are you using to send the fax

3. telecomtechnician

Hi there

I changed the codec on the iax extension and it seems to work, but the problem now is that the fax page is being cut. It does not show the pages completely.

The fax is being sent from a standard fax machine through PSTN lines that dial in to the elastix server or the fax is sent from a computer with a modem and a PSTN line.

Waiting for your comments

David Medina

4. DaveD

Can you do " yum check-update " and see if there is any updates for ghostscript. If there is an update do yum install version of the update and see what happens

Edit

Just a thought that might be giving the issue
    If you are sending from another fax to the iax modem then it would be compressing the image 2x

Try sending a fax with winprint software or install avantfax