Problem listening message in the Voicemail

Discussion in 'General' started by nachogomez, Oct 31, 2008.

1. nachogomez

Hi everyone,

When I try to listen my voice messages (with the language set to "es" on the Extension page of Elastix 1.3-2) the call terminates abruptly after playing the envelope without playing the message, but if I set the option "Play Envelope" to NO on the extension settings then I can listen the messages without problems. If I change the language to "en", then the envelope (in English of course) and the messages plays OK. I'm using the default asterisk sound for Spanish language, below you can see the CLI output of this situation:

-- <SIP/11111-b7d12150> Playing 'vm-first' (language 'es' )
    -- <SIP/11111-b7d12150> Playing 'vm-message' (language 'es' )
    == Parsing '/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/11111/Old/msg0000.txt': Found
    -- <SIP/11111-b7d12150> Playing 'vm-received' (language 'es' )
    -- <SIP/11111-b7d12150> Playing 'digits/today' (language 'es' )
    -- <SIP/11111-b7d12150> Playing 'digits/at' (language 'es' )
    -- <SIP/1111-b7d12150> Playing 'digits/5' (language 'es' )
    -- <SIP/11111-b7d12150> Playing 'digits/40' (language 'es' )
    -- <SIP/1111-b7d12150> Playing 'digits/2' (language 'es' )
    == Spawn extension (from-internal, *97, 106) exited non-zero on 'SIP/11111-b7d12150'
    -- Executing [h@from-internal:1] Macro("SIP/11111-b7d12150", "hangupcall|" ) in new stack
    -- Executing [s@macro-hangupcall:1] ResetCDR("SIP/11111-b7d12150", "w" ) in new stack
    -- Executing [s@macro-hangupcall:2] NoCDR("SIP/11111-b7d12150", "" ) in new stack
    -- Executing [s@macro-hangupcall:3] GotoIf("SIP/11111-b7d12150", "1?skiprg" ) in new stack
    -- Goto (macro-hangupcall,s,6)
    -- Executing [s@macro-hangupcall:6] GotoIf("SIP/11111-b7d12150", "1?skipblkvm" ) in new stack
    -- Goto (macro-hangupcall,s,9)
    -- Executing [s@macro-hangupcall:9] GotoIf("SIP/11111-b7d12150", "1?theend" ) in new stack
    -- Goto (macro-hangupcall,s,11)
    -- Executing [s@macro-hangupcall:11] Hangup("SIP/11111-b7d12150", "" ) in new stack
    == Spawn extension (macro-hangupcall, s, 11) exited non-zero on 'SIP/11111-b7d12150' in macro 'hangupcall'
    == Spawn extension (macro-hangupcall, s, 11) exited non-zero on 'SIP/11111-b7d12150'

Any idea of what's happening here???

Thanks in advance,

Nacho

2. danardf

i don't but try to compare the 2 debug results with the different language.
    Maybe they miss voice files?

3. nachogomez

Hmmm... I was comparing the voice files las friday, but there's a lot more audio files in english than in spanish, I'll be looking closer on that this monday and post my finds in order to report a bug if this is caused by a missing mandatory file.

Thanks danardf, bye...

Nacho

4. nachogomez

Well, I've found what's causing the problem, the Spanish voice file for PM (p-m.gsm in my Elastix installation) is missing. Is this a general bug of a missing file in the "asterisk-sounds-es" or this is just in my case???

I've reinstalled this package using yum and this is still the same...

5. nachogomez

I have manually downloaded the Asterisk Core Sounds in Spanish (http://downloads.digium.com/pub/telepho ... ent.tar.gz) and copied the missing p-m.gsm to /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/es where the a-m.gsm file resides, but the envelope is still failing to play and the message cannot be heard.

If there is a message from the morning, then the envelope is played and the message can be heard, but if someone leave a message in the afternoon then the problem persist.

The only difference between what files plays the Asterisk VM is the AM or PM, and now the p-m.gsm is in its place, so I can't understand what's happening here.

Is there any master file with a list of voice files of Asterisk that needs to be updated??? I don't think so but...

Any help is really appreciated,

Nacho

6. danardf

Sometimes, there's 2 types of files into this directory.
    .GSM and .WAV

Verify that you don't have .wav for the same file name.

Else, verify with CLI>sip debug peer that your file is played in ES language. If yes, copy the file from English version and replace it.

If you have a good result, your file is bad!
    Try to open this file with an audio editor (Wavpad for exemple).
    If it's ok, save this file and play it with asterisk VM.

Maybe this file is corrupted! :huh:

7. nachogomez

Hi danardf,

I have only .gsm files not .wav.

Originally, the file p-m.gsm in spanish was missing, I've have downloaded it from digium's web page and still doesn't work. I have copied the english voice file as you've said and keeps giving me the error.

Making a "sip debug peer" doesn't show anything different except for the INVITE, ACK, etc. messages.

I'm stuck here.

Thanks for posting,

Nacho

8. danardf

ok!

Verify your permit directory and file: owner - group - other.

Else, make a backup of the sounds directory (/var/lib/asterisk/sounds) and replace the default language by your spanish language file.

Like me, i'm always on EN language with the real FR language. ;)
    Like that, the default language is FR and not EN :p

I did it because, sometimes, i had the sounds (digits) EN and FR.
    So, for me, the /var/lib/asterisk/sounds = (FR)

Try to make the same configuration:
    /var/lib/asterisk/sounds = (ES)

9. nachogomez

Hmmmm... But there is a lot more English files than Spanish files, so, what happen if the system use one of this files that are only in english???

I'm gonna try out that but overwriting the common english files in order to keep the missing ones avoiding any unknown problem and baking up the entire sounds directory of course.

10. danardf

No problem if you no set the language.
    By default it's the root of /var/lib/asterisk/sounds
    If you set language=es then the root of sounds is /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/es/
    So no problem. It's just for try!
    Like that, if is a directory problem. We could see it.

Yes.
    Give me the result.;)

11. commandLineUruguay

Estimado nachogomez,

realiza los siguientes pasos:

cd /var/lib/asterisk/digits/es
    cp p-m.gsm afternoon.gsm

Saludos!

12. nachogomez

Muchas gracias commandLineUruguay, ese era el problema, ya se solucionó!!

Thank you very much commandLineUruguay, that was the problem, now is solved!

13. marck_renton

I have the same problem, but the solution of commandLineUruguay didn't work for me

Help me please.

Thanks.