Problem installing Elastix

Discussion in 'General' started by jively, Oct 28, 2010.

1. jively

I am trying to install Elastix 1.6 or Elastix 2.0 (both the stable versions) on an old server. It is a Dell PowerEdge SC430 with 1 GB RAM and 149 GB disk space. This has only a USB keyboard and USB mouse. This PC has Windows XP on it and I am prepared to reformat the drive, but XP works fine.

I have verified the install disk and there are no problems there (linux mediacheck).

I boot from either CD, and either just press ENTER, or try linux noprobe or linux noirqpoll or all sorts of other options. Every time I try, the same thing happens.

I can choose US language and US keyboard successfully.

If I am installing the graphic mode version, it fails after a few seconds (graphical install not available) and tries the text mode version.

Then the text mode fails. A bunch of errors scroll by quickly. Such and such fails on line something. Then I see "install exited abnormally"

It then unloads stuff and tells me I can reboot.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Tom

2. danardf

Hi.

Hmmm about your problem, you could have something arround your CD Device, or something like that.
    If your keyboard works fine, then try to make an install from Eth (HTTP or FTP).

Look this way on the Elastix blog. There's a post about an install on a Netbook. (It's my post ;) ).

But don't try to use the graphic mode. It doesn't work.