Problem installing Elastix: Not enough disk

Discussion in 'General' started by hmeza, Aug 4, 2009.

1. hmeza

Hi all,

We have a problem installing Elastix on a Dell R200. The problem is that after formatting the disk, the installer shows an error which says that there's not enough disk space to copy the image to disk. After that and following with the installation, it crashes: sometimes an exception is thrown, sometimes the installation hangs telling that the CD should not be accessed through tty2 and that there's a try to unmount CD.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance

2. Megabyte

Did you see the disk of the server in the partition windows of elastix install.?

Did you choose remove all partitions in this system.?

Have you tried with other maedia or downloading again the ISO file from the website.?

If you did the above, try to install another linux distro an see if it is a driver issue. i think Centos has a little problem with dell r200

3. hmeza

Hi there,

First of all thanks for the response.

I've tried with all the partition options. I usually choose using the current configuration which works for me most of the times. I've also tried customizing the partitions and the problem remains.

I will do as you say trying with another distro from Elastix. Recently we found problems with the Dell R200 trying to install pfSense as it had problems with 64 bit processors.

4. Megabyte

But you downloaded the 64bit version of Elastix i supposed, right?

5. hmeza

Yes, right, last version of Elastix 1.5.2 64 bits as posted on the main page of Elastix website.

6. Megabyte

7. hmeza

Yes, but the point is that I've used the same CD in other 3 servers and had no problems. Today I had to install Elastix on 2 servers and found this problem. That's why I posted that.

Anyway, thanks for the link. I will try with another release and post here results. Thanks again.

8. ramoncio

Have you tried installing it from a usb cd-rom?