Problem installing DNSMASQ

limeburner

Hi, We are using Elastix 1.4-4 & trying to install DNSMASQ but getting the below error, not being a Linux guru I don't know how to get around the problem with yum looking for a file that does not exist, any help appreciated.

yum install dnsmasq
Loading "fastestmirror" plugin
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* base: mirror.optus.net
* updates: mirror.optus.net
* addons: mirror.optus.net
* elastix: repo.elastix.org
* extras: mirror.optus.net
http://repo.elastix.org/centos/5/update ... repomd.xml: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found
Trying other mirror.
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: elastix. Please verify its path and try again

thanks
Matt

dicko

dnsmasq is not available in that repository, and the elastix repos are apparently not available for you right now, try it again with

yum install dnsmasq --disablerepo=elastix*

if that doesn't work check your DNS resolution

(hmmm . . . (I re-read, that repo just doesn't exist), are you sure you haven't been playing with your elastix.repo file? ;) )

ramoncio

Elastix 1.4-4??
I don't think that version even existed. I think we passed from 1.3 to 1.5, but I'm not positive.

limeburner

limeburner

Thanks Dicko, that worked, and I wouldn't have a clue how to change the elastix.repo file. As we are using a non-released version what would be the best way to get a more stable version of Elastix as we seem to run into a few of these strange anomalies with?

ramoncio

I meant 1.4 never got stable. You have it in production?? What a brave man! ;)

Anyway, if it works, don't touch it, and if it doesn't maybe it is time to reinstall your box with version 1.6.
I wouldn't suggest you to put Elastix 2 right now, in my opinion it's not ready yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
achilont13