Problem in outbound route

telecomtechnician

Hi there

This problem is really strange:

I succesfully created a few outbound routes (local, national, cellular, and all number access) but I am having problem with the local one.

When I put this condition (9|N.) on the outbound route that means select the appropiate trunk, strip the 9 and dial to the trunk any string of digits, it works fine, but when I dial 9, 99XXXXX, or sometimes 9, 977XXXXX the route strips two nines and it dials to the trunk a 6 digit number, of course I receive a error tone from the telephone company.

What could be the problem?

Waiting for anybody´s comment

David Medina

Ichorcom007

Nagh dude like this,

9|011.
9|1NXXNXXXXXX
9|NXXXXXXXXX

you owe me a spliff:woohoo: :woohoo:

Ichorcom007

You need to add the X'S so asterisk knows the number of digits to expect ,

DaveD

If you want to just have a single digit to dial a certain trunk it would be like 9|.

The . is a wildcard and will dial any number but the 9 will be stripped out

telecomtechnician

Everything understood. But I did what Ichorcom007 wrote on the route, and the problems continues. Almost every time I dial a number that start with 977 or 99 the system does not let me go out, or it blocks my gateway (grandstream FXO), I specified on each of my sip trunks the number it should expect. It seems to me it is a bug, dont you think?

Ichorcom007

Humm,

You should not putting any routing on your trunks, though I am not sure of the total configuration. It may be a bug , will you let me access the system ? you can add me on skype at cyberfab007, before declaring a bug I would like to take a look , cause maybe the settings on your trunk are conflicting with your settings in your outbound routs. I would love to take a look!!

cyberfab007

MageMinds

What is the dial rule of your trunk ?

snowspeeder

Yeah, I would make sure to add this to the dial rule of your trunk

1+NXXNXXXXXX

telecomtechnician

Problem with outbound route (SOLVED)

Hi guys of the forum

My problem with the outbound route was with the grandstream FXO gateway. There is a special feature related to the selection of the channel/trunk that was overiding my outbound route, (this happened only when I dialed 9,9XXXXXX).

By default this function was configured to 99 and then I changed to 9, but the problem continued. I changed to other number like 777 and the problem was solved.

In little words, the outboud route was okey, the gateway was okey (no bug or anything), only a feature not correctly configured.

Thanks for your help

David Medina

snowspeeder

Re:problem with outbound route (SOLVED)

Glad everything worked out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member