Problem FAX over Trunks SIP / Problema FAX sobre t

Discussion in 'General' started by dacos1979, Dec 4, 2008.

1. dacos1979

Hello i have the same problem when I use de fax module in regular PSTN it is OK, but when I try to use the FAX over IP PROVEEDOR, it doen't work. The line canreinvite=yes and t38pt_udptl=yes it enable, but i think the problem it's the codect T38. How can I resolv this problem? tehre is a warning
    --- chan_sip.c: Unsupported SDP media type in offer: image 16976 udptl t38 ---
    Thank you.

Hola Cuando yo use el modulo de fax en una linea normal PSTN digital o analoga el fax pasa y recibe perfecto, pero cuando uso el modulo sobre una trocal sip de un proveedor que llega a la lan del asterisk, no trabaja.
    La linea canreinvite=yes y t38pt_udptl=yes esta habilitada en el sip, Pienso q el problema es el codec T38 sobre el asterisk. Como puedo resover este problema? tengo este warning como mas siginificativo
    --- chan_sip.c: Unsupported SDP media type in offer: image 16976 udptl t38 ---
    Thank you.

2. mlewis

I don't see a resolve on this? Did you find the solution? I saw others saying they to were getting the "Unsupported SDP media type" warning but not much else for solution.
    You had also mentioned adding a few things to some configs, can you elaborate if you've found the answer, thanks.

Mike

3. dicko

Unfortunately at this point in time in Elastix/Asterisk 1.4 there is no solution, ref:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/T.38

the "unsupported SDPmedia type" is just informational that asterisk is just acting as a "pass-through" for T38, unless the far end (and all proxies/gateways between) supports T38 then you are beat, if you are using g711 and your SIP provider is impeccable then I have found that regular T30 works better than 99 percent.