Proble with High Availability Cluster installation

Discussion in 'General' started by macsinternet, Apr 19, 2009.

1. macsinternet

Him im miguel from Colombia and i trying to implement a High availability cluster with elastix, DRBD, heartbeat and a redfone 750-5050-EC dual E1/T1 with EC.

I`m follow the manual of redfone to make the HA cluster made for elastix 1.3 version but im implementing with elastix 1.5 hoping that will be something similar.

http://support.red-fone.com/downloads/e ... luster.pdf

DRBD it´s configured and working properly, i have sync`ed servers and the status of drbd are correct.

My problem is after i copy, remove and link all the /etc/asterisk, /var/lib/asterisk and the others folders to the /replica folder and try to restart mysql service then i receive a message like [FAILED]. I reboot and now asterisk doesn´t work too. i get this

Asterisk ended with exit status 1
    Asterisk died with code 1.
    Automatically restarting Asterisk.

i supposed it´s cause of the unworking mysql service.

How can i do determinated what´s wrong? or where i failed? or if this only works with elastix 1.3

Thanks for your support

Miguel Celis

2. blackgecko

tail -f /var/log/mysqld.log

tail -f /var/log/asterisk/full

paste the results.

3. ramoncio

You have to move all services to the replica, not just asterisk. mysql, httpd, hylafax, elastix databases, etc.
    See step 22 in that tutorial, you can see the folders there. First you must stop all services, of course.

4. jedaustin

I'm about to try setting this up on a larger installation (400+ FXS extensions) on a dual core 3GHZ Intel board.
    Are there any performance issues with DRBD and all of the services involved due to it's overhead?

Also the two machines only have one network card and will get it's PSTN connectivity from a SIP trunk. I can alias the network interface to have them listening on a private IP but I don't know how much network overhead DRBD causes; enough to impact SIP calls (300 lines)?

JD

5. ramoncio

You will need to install a dedicated gigabit card to each node to use for drbd and heartbeat.

6. jedaustin

Thank you!
    I thought exactly the same thing. The hardware vendor wanted to do this all with a single network card... just too iffy for me.
    They're adding a second gigabit ethernet card to each server and I'll plug them into eachother with a crossover cable :)

Is there anything written down that could help calculate the overhead DRBD adds to things?

Thanks,
    JD