Presence monitor / buddy watch polycom 650

chito

I need to know how I can configure a Polycom 650 phone to monitor presence of other extensions. I know how to configure the key's on the phone but some how it does not get the presence info of the phone/ user. I'm not sure if I need to enable some additional feature on the elastix server or is it just an option in the sip.cfg file.

regards,

Ivan

chito

I fix it by enable presence and softkey in the sip.cfg file

presence
<presence pres.reg="1"
pres.idleSoftKeys="1" />

softkey
softkey.feature.mystatus="1"
softkey.feature.buddies="1"

chito

Presence Buddies Paging and Intercom Polycom

Changes to sip.cfg to enable presence and buddies softkey and paging and intercom on polycom phones

Buddies and Presence

<presence pres.reg="1"
pres.idleSoftKeys="1" />

softkey
softkey.feature.mystatus="1"
softkey.feature.buddies="1"

Paging and intercom

First edit the sip.cfg file for the Polycom phones in your tftp directory. The lines you need to change are these:
Under
<voIpProt>
<alertInfo voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.value="Ring Answer" voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1./>
You are entering the Ring Answer after value=" , this alerts the phone to look for the Ring Answer in your paging context.

Next go down to <ringType and look at the 4th entry:
<RING_ANSWER se.rt.4.name="Ring Answer" se.rt.4.type="ring-answer" se.rt.4.timeout="1000" se.rt.4.ringer="2" se.rt.4.callWait="6" se.rt.4.mod="1"/>

This tells the phone to Ring for 1000 msec using ringer tone 2 then Answer. Note, I changed the value from 2000 to 1000 to shorten the ring length.

coryjsanders

Re: Presence Buddies Paging and Intercom Polycom

I want to set up "all page" and intercom in Elastix. I have it working to dial *80xxxx to do the page. How do you set it up to page all phones at once? Thanks.

coryjsanders

Re:presence Buddies Paging and Intercom Polycom

Hi, I am unable to make paging/intercom work by changing the sip.cfg file as you show. I am able to do it the old way, on each phone.cfg
See the attached file. This is done in an XML editor. Of course it is easier and faster in Notepad, but the XML editor makes things cleaner and less fat finger prone. I wish I could make this work globally with the sip.cfg. Don't know what I am doing wrong.

Well, after several tries I can not get an image or doc to load. But if you use an XML editor, the only way I know how was to enter in the proper fields and values manually:

alertInfo voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.value="Ring Answer" voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.class="4" />
<RING_ANSWER se.rt.4.name="Ring Answer" se.rt.4.type="ring-answer" se.rt.4.timeout="2000" se.rt.4.ringer="2"
se.rt.4.callWait="6" se.rt.4.mod="1"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr