Porting BT numbers and Best SIP provider

Discussion in 'General' started by jameswilson, May 11, 2010.

1. jameswilson

Hi all
    I have an excellent elastix box and we are now looking at porting over the numbers from a branch office. We have 2 x isdn 30 lines (with 8 channels on each)
    Im thinking of keeping 1 of the isdn lines as it is for now and porting all the ddi's etc on the 2nd isdn block.
    So to summarise i want to move all the numbers from the 2nd isdn 30 line to sip.
    We currently use sipgate.co.uk but prefer having more than 1 provider in case of failure. Any recommendations? or does anyone know a have a good comparison table?

James

2. powerpbx

It depends on what country your numbers are in. Sounds like you want UK which I am not sure about. For US numbers I recommend bandwidth.com

3. jameswilson

Yes i am in the uk.
    We are also considering reselling these sip trunks so maybe i should lump it all together.

James

4. philjray

5. ugo

ugo

Hi James,

Did you find a provider?

I have a first class option, which allows you to port, provision new lines and
    control service from your own online dedicated GUI.

Regards

JS

6. philjray

Hi JS, are you talking about WLR3? If so please tell me more. Regards, Phil

7. ugo

ugo

Hi James,

No it's not WLR3 this company was one of the first to receive interconnect arrangements
    appointment under the BT IPX. The company have WLR3 facilities but this company is more focused on VOIP services which is pretty much the future of telephony as we know it.

The great thing about this company is they can port numbers from a variety of service providers including BT so for the most part any of your new clients with existing numbers can easily be converted to your platform. (You remain the customers supplier from both a technical and billing perspective - if this is what you want). This is as close to full control of clients services as you can get without having a direct interconnect facility.

I have just tested new API's with the company so that your own site can have access to number availability etc.

PM me with a telephone number and I'll call you with more details.

Regards

JS (John)