Portech MV-378 with IVR (DTMF problem)

tareq

HI ALL,

Anyone there who use portech mv-378 with elastix-1.6 ivr.

Everything is okay except dtmf.
As i set rfc2833 in both elastix & portech(i tried other ones too) but no result

Sometimes ivr working with some cell phone operator but some time it's not working.
I check dtmf log in asterisk cli.when it ivr works dtmf signal reach to asterisk but when no dtmf signal reach to asterisk ivr not works.

So how do i resolve it..Any idea??
any configuration change in portech

danardf

Hi.

It could be an operator problem, or a rxgain problem.

with this last (rxgain), if the audio is too weak or too high, you could have a dtmf problem.
maybe try to use rxgain=0.5 (the value is in (dB) so 0.5 = +0.5 dB. In this case, you increase the audio gain.

It's a way.

Regards

tareq

Thanks for prompt reply.
It can be operator problem.But normally Mobile to Mobile DTMF is working fine.

Scenario is .When i insert Operator X in portechmv-378 and dial from another sim of x operator it never pass DTMF but if i dialed from operator y z w or etc it passes dtmf (with some delay)

Hi.
It could be an operator problem, or a rxgain problem.

I will try this in elastix(asterisk) configuration.

with this last (rxgain), if the audio is too weak or too high, you could have a dtmf problem.
maybe try to use rxgain=0.5 (the value is in (dB) so 0.5 = +0.5 dB. In this case, you increase the audio gain.

Thanks for suggestion if anyone can give me portech config explantion it will be helpful for me.
I found a settings mobile dtmf debounce there and set to 120.Dont know whats this for

danardf

Hi.

You could still try to use dtmfmode=auto instead of dtmfmode=rfc2833.
That should be an adaptive function.

Regards

tareq

I guess the problem is remain in portech box...because i enable dtmf logging in asterisk...DTMF signal is notcomng properly....Anyone who use portech mv can be helpful for me to solve

pangels

I have the same problem, I have tried everything but the problem is still there. I got Portech on my PC to help, but they could not resolve it.

tareq said:
HI ALL,

Anyone there who use portech mv-378 with elastix-1.6 ivr.

Everything is okay except dtmf.
As i set rfc2833 in both elastix & portech(i tried other ones too) but no result

Sometimes ivr working with some cell phone operator but some time it's not working.
I check dtmf log in asterisk cli.when it ivr works dtmf signal reach to asterisk but when no dtmf signal reach to asterisk ivr not works.

So how do i resolve it..Any idea??
any configuration change in portech

morph123

I know this is an old thread but did you manage to solve this?

svaadm

If you use G711 codec, you have to use Inband DTMF mode.
Or if you use G729 or G723 codec, you have to use RFC-2833 or SIP Info.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manuelc