Port 5060 not working

newboy

Hello,

I have just done a fresh installation of Elastix 1.5.

I have made 3 extensions, but the SIP extensions are not connecting to port 5060. Doesn't matter if i try to connect remotely or locally. The extensions are connecting through random ports but not port 5060.

I even tried to add "bindport=5060" in the sip_general_custom.conf" file but the extensions are still connection through random port numbers.

I have the following ports open in the router:
UDP - 5060
UDP - 10000 to 20000

Any suggestions?

newboy

I have tried 2 different routers, Netgear FWG114P and Netgear WGR614

so it doesn't look like a router or NAT issue.

Can anyone suggest what could i be doing wrong here?

dicko

If your sip_nat.conf is correct (and your general network also) then you will find that external extensions will generally register on remapped SIP ports (thats what the NAT will do and the sip_nat.conf will allow the server to re-write the headers to suit and successfully accept and thius register those remapped ports).

That your local extensions don't register on 5060 as you say they don't (assuming they are all on different hosts) would be cause for concern and a close inspection of how they are configured appropriate.

SIP through NAT is initially a PITA but once you wrap your head around it and the routers/nat boxes are competent and correctly configured, it generally works.

If the softphones are planted in window-boxes (pretty but needy) then all bets are off, get a couple of hardphones to eliminate that can of worms and start over..

dicko

newboy

Hi Dicko,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tested 2 softphones and 2 external phones (Nokia E71 and 1 hard phone). The softphones are on different machines/ hosts.

The sip_nat.conf and sip_general_custom.conf files are configured according to Elastix without tears

This is what my sip_general_custom.conf file looks like:
language=au
videosupport=yes
allow=g729
allow=g723
allow=h261
allow=h263
allow=h263p

bindport=5060
defaultexpirey=600
maxexpirey=3600
rtptimeout=60
rtpholdtimeout=120

alwaysauthreject=yes

useragent = Elastix

This is how my sip_nat.conf file looks like:

nat=yes
externip=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
localnet=10.1.0.0/255.255.0.0
externrefresh=10

As i mentioned earlier, i have tested 2 routers to rule out the possibility of port forwarding not working properly.

I still can't get it to work and connect on port 5060.

dicko

Back to basics maybe ,

You stated previously that the internal extensions are not registering on 5060, is that correct?

(Ignore the nokia, it might be "hard" but very far from unproblematic.)

newboy

Yes, the internal extensions are not registering on port 5060 either.Even they register on some random port.

dicko

Then you have configured something wrong a hardphone on your local LAN, WILL register on 5060 unless you tell it to register otherwise, either on the hardphone setup (again, not the nokia that doesn't count) or on the Asterisk box. it's just the way it works.

Let's start of with your real (non nokia) hardphone what sort of beast is it?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marouen