poor voice quality when *72 forwarding

Discussion in 'General' started by franklin, Feb 2, 2011.

1. franklin

Have 1.6 box set up with POTS lines. Dispatch application with any/all Inbound pointing to a Call Queue with 3 Static Agents. At the end of the night need to forward phones to a NOC mobile phone/Blackberry. When I do a *72, input Extension (just one of the Static Agents), and 10-digit forwarding number (the Blackberry), calls ring in to the 3 Static Agents for 1-2 rings and then forward to the defined number correctly, but voice quality is VERY poor in both directions. I've tried other options such as putting the mobile number in the Queue, but it takes a long time for the mobile number to be rung in this case. Is there a better way to forward when using a Queue?

2. dicko

I don't believe that how you initiate a call will have any effect on the quality, all cell phones will be limited to GSM but the carrier will normally do the transcoding for you, use g711 for the best quality.

I suggest you point your DID to a day/night or time condition for more efficient handling of time of day conditions

just create a custom extension for your cell phones where the dial string is

local/<cell_phone_number>@outbound-allroutes

3. franklin

I'm using Day/Night, as shown in this thread: How to setup manual control for day/night

Much, much better than trying to use Misc Dest and Time Group/Condition. Was having a hell of a time wrapping my brain around a way to manually toggle the time condition on/off until I sought higher authority.

Thanks for the custom extension advice. Much better that trying to point to an extension with Find Me/Follow me. Probably takes a few seconds off the ring. Call quality and delay is great, too. When I was doing it through FM/FM, it was crud.

Running pretty slick now. Rhino Ceros Desktop. 6 POTS. Asternic Pro Stats. Day/Night. All Polycoms.

Had a hell of a time with this customer and had to take off hosted VOIP. Their DSL connection would be fine for a period, and then call quality would go to crud crud.

ciao

4. franklin

dicko, can you tell me the dial string to program a custom extension to dial an IVR? I need to be able to break out to an IVR from a voicemail.

5. dicko

local/s@ivr-n
    where 'n' is the ivr instance

6. franklin

dicko, that does not work. I have local/s@ivr-mycompanyivr where mycomanyivr is the name of the IRV...

7. dicko

internally it will be ivr-1 or something, I will leave that as an exercise for the student :)

8. franklin

extenstions_additional easy find ivr-26 thank you
    is there any way to set my Forum portal so it doesn't time out after 5 mins?

9. dicko

unfortunately not, type quick and remeber the ctrl-a, ctrl-c ctrl-v commands :)