Polycom Speed Dial info from XML

Discussion in 'General' started by MST, Dec 10, 2010.

1. MST

MST

Hello

We have just switched from Trixbox to Elastix (Trixbox was in service over 6 years)
    and all TFTPBOOT was copied to TFTPBOOT of elastix with appropriate folder ownership to asterisk:asterisk and speed dials attached to XML file is not showed in polycom 501

What can I do in order to fix that? We used blue top arrow to open Speed Dials in trixbox

also that file is attached to every SIP version of Polycom mac-directory.xml

Any help appreciate.

MST

2. MST

MST

form the documentation I see that 00000-directory.xml should be loaded by default in each polycom phone.

when added mac-directory.xml should be added to particular phone but it does not

Hmmm do I have to format the file system in order to get this working?

3. MST

MST

According to http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Aste ... ctoryFiles

CONTACT DIRECTORY FILES and http://forum.voxilla.com/polycom-voip-s ... 15171.html

It should work by default after formating the file system......

I would really think twice before go again and buy Polycom any phone .... they are anti-asterisk and like Microshit wants money for any feature that should be free!!!!!
    Solid phones but problems all the time .......

Does anyone had similar problems? It has to be something that blocking that file to be loaded to the phone

For a sake info details for 501:

BootROM:4.1.4
    SIPVER: 3.1.3

They are saying that after 4.0 000000000.... should be loaded by default .... crap it is not

4. dicko

I believe you will need to add -c (create) to your server_args in etc/xinetd.d/tftp for logs and directories to be written back to the tftp server.

Personally I think that they are ugly and take 72 minutes to boot up, but they do sound good. The documentation available at Polycom is complete but obtuse . Although there is a third-party add-on over at freepbx that makes endpoint provisioning a little easier.