Polycom phones no loger able to transfer calls

coryjsanders

dicko, something very strange happned to my Polycom phones. My transfer functions stopped working. I thought it had to do with the script I put in my custom contexts in extension_custom.conf that disallowed one context from dialing a matched set of numbers, but that's not it. I put my contexts back to normal and got the same result. I completely refreshed the phones with the latest Combined folder set from Polycom with new applications, boot ROM, .cfg and sip.cfg files and configured the phones to my other hosted service, based on Metaswitch, hosted by a local ILEC. I get the same thing. My digitmap is as follows: <digitmap dialplan.digitmap="[2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxT|*98|*45|*48xxx|[2-9]xxxT" dialplan.digitmap.timeOut="3|3|3|3|3|3|3|3|3|1" />. Transferring always worked on the Metaswitch platform before. Now not. I can hit the transfer button while on a call, call another phone, talk to them when they answer, but when I hit the transfer button to complete the call I get an error message. If the called party hangs up I can hit resume and talk to the original party. But if the called party stay on the line I can not get back to the original party. Blind transfers give me a busy message. There is only one parameter in the sip.cfg that addresses transferring (voIpProt.SIP.allowTransferOnProcee
ding), and it is null, the default, which allows transfer. I also changed it to 1 to allow. Same result. I haven't played around with voIpProt.SIP.useContactInReferTo.
Any ideas?

dicko

coryjsanders

I'll try and report back. But it's always been voIpProt.SIP.allowTransferOnProceeding="" in my sip.cfg, back when it worked. Thanks!

coryjsanders

This was a problem with the router. After much trial and tribulation, I took one of the phones to my home office. Worked perfectly. Installed a new router at the office location, works perfectly. Some router configurations just break SIP. (I've had trouble with multimedia routers that stream games and such that claim to be "SIP Aware") I installed a customer today, rather tried to swap the router. Went from a NetGear FVS318G that worked great to a FVG318 (same router just no Gigabit, and the FVG has wireless). Well, everything worked but outbound calling. The Elastix box is colocated elsewhere. Put the old FVS318G back and it worked great. Same exact router configs. No services. Nothing done to the firewall. Should just be straight passthrough. This is the situation where the MWI doesn't work on 2/3 of the IP335s, though. Please see my recent post on MWI. Thanks in advance for your help.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr