Polycom phone is busy after transfer

icsdata

We are having problems getting call transfers to work with polycom 301 sip phones.

We call from the pstn to the polycom, and have the polycom do either a normal or blind transfer to another sip phone or a voice mail extension.

Trying to dial the polycom after the transfer is completed only gives a busy signal, We have to restart asterisk when this happens to make the phone reachable again.

We tried this on a fresh version of Elastix and are using the polycom 2.1.2 firmware. Our other sip phones are able to transfer calls without this issue.

The polycom phones are able to transfer calls correctly with the '##' feature code, but we would like to use the transfer method built into the polycomes.

It looks like it may be a bug (http://track.sipfoundry.org/browse/XPB-396) with polycom phones. But we are curious if anyone knows of a workaround for this problem?

rejil.rajan

Hi

Change a few parameters in sip.conf

notifyhold=no
call-limit=10

Restart Asterisk Server and then try if the issue gets resolved.

If this does not solve the issue, try to upgrade the Asterisk version to 1.2.8 by first unistalling the 1.4.5 RPM and then install 1.2.8 RPM

cowboy47

Upgrade to 1.2.8?????????? That would be the reverse since you would be going from 1.4 to 1.2.

But this brings up a question that I have asked previously. Is there anything special that needs to be done if you want to upgrade a version of zaptel or asterisk? I have seen the posts for new stable releases of both but other than doing a clean install, I am not sure what other things might be affected.

rejil.rajan

I meant 1.4.8;)

cowboy47

rejil.rajan

icsdata

Thanks.
Upgrading to asterisk-1.4.8 fixed the problem.

bbackx

I had the same problem (but with cisco-phones).
The changing of the parameters mentioned earlier solved my problem.

cowboy47

If I ask with a pretty please, could you go through a step by step upgrade process that will not leave me out in the cold fighting off angry users?

PRETTY PLEASE!!!!! :blush:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fpino