Polycom ip430 wont register,vm answers then hangs

Discussion in 'General' started by howellsilverman, Jul 29, 2010.

1. howellsilverman

So..I think I have perhaps multiple things going on here and I'm hoping someone can help me get it straightend out.

Problem: Polycom IP430 phone will not (no longer) register. It did at one time and the natural question is
    what changed. Answer: Nothing that I know of. It just stopped working.

My first endeavor was that I checked the router and as far
    as I can see there's nothing blocking anything. To be sure though...
    I set the elastix box to be in the DMZ. I DO NOT INTEND TO LEAVE IT THAT WAY but I figured while trouble
    shooting the problems I'm about to describe it would be best to eliminnate at least this variable. I will
    change it once I get things working again. So as far as I know - all ports are accessible.

Updated phone with latest bootrom and sip. Elasix 1.6.12. Again to simplify things.
    I have one phone and the elasix machine on the same router. Phone gets it's ip via
    dhcp from the router (192.168.1.7) and server is a static local address (192.168.1.49). I'm able to
    access the elastix web user interface without a problem both locally and remotely via the internet. At one time
    I had this phone successfully connected to elastix over the internet so I know at least at one time the elastix configuration
    was working. In fiddling with it once it stopped registering however, I may have accidently changed something but it certainly wasn't intentional. After
    reviewing what I believe should be there according to Elastix W/o Tears - all looks ok.

To eliminate as many variables as possible I moved the phone to the same router & network as the elasix box.

I have 2 extensions programmed on the one phone. x4001 and x5001.
    The phone shows neither line is registered. The phone can make a call to another extension however it goes
    right to voicemail no matter which way I try to call. 4001 calling 5001 and 5001 calling 4001.
    In both cases go right to voicemail.

When I call from an outside line to my 1 inbound route - elastix answers the programmed extension - it plays my
    voicemail greeting and then hangs up afer about 3 seconds. As per Elastix w/o Tears - I checked the general settings
    and it's set to 15 however when I dial it goes right to vm plays 3 secs of my greeting and then hands up.
    Again - at one point I could call into elastix from an
    outside line and the regisered extension would ring and if I didn' pick up it went to voicemail just like it should.

I have the phone accessing it's configuration via an ftp server on the elastix box. I checked the .cfg file
    on the server and it seems to be updating the MACADDR.cfg file with any changes made via either the web gui or
    directly on the phone. The phone is able to be accessed via endpoint configuration with "configured w/out incident".

The phone config is:
    SIP

Servers
    Outbound Proxy
    Address 192.168.1.49
    Port 5060
    Transport UDPonly

Server 1
    Address 192.168.1.49
    Port 5060
    Transport UDPonly
    Expires null
    Register 1
    Retry Timeout 0
    Retry Maximum Count 0
    Line Seize Timeout 30

Server 2 all empty

Local Settings
    Local SIP Port null
    Calls Per Line Key 2
    New SDP Type Disabled
    Live Communication Server Disabled
    Non Standard Line Seize Enabled
    Digitmap [2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT
    Digitmap Timeout 3|3|3|3|3|3
    Remove End-Of-dial Marker Enabled
    Digitmap Impossible Match 0

Line 1
    Identification 5001
    Display Name 5001
    Address 192.168.1.49
    Authentication User ID 5001
    Authentication Password **** (I've reset it many times to endure it's the correct password)
    Label 5001
    Type Private
    Third Party Name 5001
    Number Of Line Keys 1
    Calls Per Line 2

Server 1
    Address 192.168.1.49
    Port 5060
    Transport UDPonly
    Expires null
    Register yes
    Retry Timeout 10
    Retry Maximum Count 5
    Line Seize Timeout null

Server 2 All Empty

Call Diversion
    Disabled On Shared Yes
    Diversion Contact Null
    On Specific Caller Disabled
    Forward All Disabled
    On Busy Disabled
    Busy Contact Null
    No Answer Disabled
    No Answer Timeout 55
    No Answer Contact
    On Do-Not-Disturb Disabled
    Do-Not-Disturb Contact Null
    Message Center
    Subscriber Null
    Callback Mode Registration
    Callback Contact Null

FOr line 2 everything the same except instead of ext 5001 it has 4001. The password is the same which I double checked.

So...where should I go to start troubleshooting this.

Thanks for your help.