Polycom IP 560s and Buddies, Presence, Intercom

Discussion in 'General' started by sangelo, Feb 7, 2011.

1. sangelo

clearly a noob here... Just started playing with Elastix this weekend. I have some polycom ip 560's running sip 3.2.4 as I downloaded sip.ld with that version to the tftp root and the phones pick it up.

When I boot the phones with the 3.2.4 image I get an error on the phone stating sip.cfg is using some pre 3.2 options. So I grabbed the sip-interop.cfg from the polycom 3.2.4 release and uploaded to the tftp root and renamed it to sip.cfg and rebooted the phones. No more message on the phone about the pre 3.2 sip.cfg..

Great.. but now, I don't have a few features like Buddies, setting my presence and I want to configure intercom. Can someone provide me with some direction on how to add these features back in? I assume I need to add them into the sip.cfg file?

I've attached the sip-interop.cfg that I renamed to sip.cfg and uploaded to my tftproot if this helps..

Thanks! http://forum.elastix.org/old_files/sip-20110207.txt

2. hinzinho

Your sip.cfg is missing a lot of items. I am not sure where you got the sip-interop.cfg, but I would re-download the sip.cfg from Polycom website again. This is posted on Polycom website. Make sure you download the right file:

PLEASE NOTE:
    Combined download should be used where phones may be running pre-4.0 BootROM.
    Split download file is recommended, but requires that all phones are running BootROM 4.0 or newer.

Another caution is when you using the Elastix endpoint manager, it will replace your sip.cfg file. Either make the sip.cfg read only or put it to another directory.

3. sangelo

hmmm.. I downloaded the split files. Well, this is where I'm not sure. When I downloaded the 3.3.1 release from Polycom and expanded the .zip there is a config directory. In the config directory is where I got the sip-interop.cfg file. Along with that there are numerous other files:

Applications.cfg
    features.cfg
    h323.cfg
    reg-advanced.cfg
    reg-basic.cfg
    region.cfg
    sip-basic.cfg
    site.cfg
    video.cfg
    video-integration.cfg

Should I be using one of these files as well? also, there are about 16 seperate .sip.ld files and I can't tell which one I'm supposed to be using..

Thanks!

4. sangelo

I found which .sip.ld I'm supposed to be using in the release notes, which isn't included in the .zip file and the info isn't in the included readme.txt...gotta love polycom..

5. franklin

Roll back to 3.2.3.

Also, for intercom to work search the site. There is code you must put in your phone.cfg for it to work. I can get it to you later if you don't find it. If you are using an XML editor it is a bit trickier getting it in than if you use Notepad.

6. hinzinho

I only see one sip.cfg file in the combined zip file. Haven't try the split.

7. sangelo

there should be two in the /config directory once you expand the .zip download. One is sip-basic.cfg and the other is sip-interop.cfg

8. sangelo

as far as the rollback is concerned.. is there a problem with 3.3.1 or does it just not work with Elastix config etc? Just trying to understand...thx

9. fmvillares

Re: Re:polycom IP 560s and Buddies, Presence, Intercom

men try to search some tips in voip-info.org page its loaded with information

10. franklin

There is no problem with 3.3.1. I just haven't used it yet. Any luck finding the code you need to put at the end of reg 1? It lies herein.

11. sangelo

no luck yet.. Haven't even started to look. I'm trying to get the buddies soft button to work, presence etc first figured I'd then move on to intercom...thx

12. sangelo

OK.. rolled back to 3.2.2 and uploaded sip.ld, sip.cfg and phone1.cfg to tftproot and made some changes and voilla.. Mystat, Intercom and Buddies are now showing up on the softkeys..

Question.. In the MAC.cfg do I load phone1.cfg before or after sip.cfg?

13. sangelo

OK.. rolled back to 3.2.2 and uploaded sip.ld, sip.cfg and phone1.cfg to tftproot and made some changes and voilla.. Mystat, Intercom and Buddies are now showing up on the softkeys..

Question.. In the MAC.cfg do I load phone1.cfg before or after sip.cfg?

14. franklin

any luck with *80 paging?

15. franklin

Just saw you ;post above. I didn't get an email notification on it. happened twice in the past week. Hmmm. At any rate, in your mac.cfg you will see sip.ld on the line above phone.cfg, sip.cfg They are in default order on 00000000000.cfg

16. sangelo

yup.. got that one working. I was thinking that was going to be the hardest, turns out it was the easiest.. I'm now working on buddies/presence which is presenting some challenges.

I have one phone that the buddy list shows up on but always shows as online, even when I manually set the extension being watched to "busy" the BL still shows online..

17. sangelo

got it..thanks.