Polycom does not show extensions on phone

Discussion in 'General' started by garfield81, Jan 24, 2010.

1. garfield81

I have configured a polycom 331 with elastix and everything works but the phone does not show the extension on the phone instead just displays 1. The only way to find the extesion is to dial *65 or call another phone which is not very efficient. I have gone through the polycom config file sip.cfg but could not find anything to display the extension number.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. mbit

How have you setup the BLF buttons on the polycom? Have you setup the buddy list?

3. garfield81

Mbit,
    sorry but what is BLF and how do I set it. I haven't changed anything on the polycom..

Thanks

4. dicko

5. mbit

Hi Garfield

I misread your post before. What is the mac address of the phone? You need to create a file called macaddress.cfg this will have all the phones individual settings. The sip.cfg is for the phones global settings like time.

6. garfield81

Dicko,
    Thanks for your reply. I read through the link and looks like it for the caller id for the receiving end but the issue I am having is the phone itself does not show the extensions number. I hope I made sense.

7. garfield81

mbit,
    I used the Elastix endpoint configurator and looks like it created those file for me and plus the phone registers with the server correctly and is able to place and receive phone calls. It is just not displaying the extension on the LCD.

8. dicko

I got my sip.cfg from Polycom's web site and have no problem with properly showing the Extension, where did you get yours from?

9. garfield81

Using the one that came by default in Elastix. I will try to reset the phone to default factory setting and reconfigure it.

Thanks

10. dicko

11. garfield81

Dicko,
    Thanks for the link. I noticed it is for version 2.1.3 and polycom is up to 3.2.2. Is there a reason for using an older version or is it just because it's the most stable?

12. dicko

No, just what I use, as ever if it's not broke, don't fix it, mine wasn't broke, feel free to use whatever works for you. :)

13. Mathiau

good info here.

14. hinzinho