Polycom 670 TFTP provisioning problem

MST

Hello,

I have just installed Elastix 1.6 and also download newest firmware and SIP for Polycom 670.

When I try provisioning 670 using TFTP all Polycom 670 freezes during boot up.

What could be wrong or someone has similar problem?

Thank You

MST

When I switch to HTTP instead of TFTP all works.

MST

I have used Elastix ENDPOINT ..... when I use endpoint to provision 601 everything works ......

Any help?

MST

Nobody ?

MST

OK just figured it out by myself. Looks like sip.cfg generated by ELASTIX ENDPOINT make all Polycom 670 to freezes right after bootup.

This is caused by Polycom.cfg.php that is included in ELASTIX !!!! So i have tried Elastix 2.0 and a little better functionality of endpoint; however, besides the phone boot up normally, nothing works: microbrowser, bmp, etc.... I don'y blame Elastix becasue of that, simply Polycom does not show clearly of some particular paths. I like their phones
becasue of voice quality but to get anything works costs a lot of work.

Comparing to trix endpoint works better. I quess I have to look more closely how they resolve problem with microbrowser and little icons of phone that are located by extensions.

I am not supprised that nobody is telling anything because I see how much work I have to put in order to that stuff work correctly. OK I stop complaining and start working hard.

Cheers,

renvorak

I agree- Polycom's have great sound, but are such a pain to set up. I have an existing installation that I moved over from trixbox to a new elastix 2.0 server and spent several hours last night getting everything going.

I also noticed the icon problem where the line icons are off set and cover the extension a little.

Did you ever find a fix for that?

MST

no I gave up on "Application" and XML services from the phone.....

It would be nice if it works like using Trixbox 2.6.1 .......

Do you have that working on Elastix?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti