Polycom 500's no worky...

Discussion in 'IP Phones' started by Ryan Carver, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Ryan Carver

Hi folks-

I am having an issue with Polycom 500's with Elastix.

<RANT>
    I want to get one thing out of the way. I know they are no longer supported by Polycom, but they are still useful.
    </RANT>

With Trix, I could just use the selection for Polycom 501 and off I went. I have tested several 500's then changing them to 501's in Elastix. Something is funky with the files created by the Endpoint Manager.

//THE PROBLEM
    Phone comes up fine, I even have the time working. I can call out and between extensions without any issues. When I use my cell phone and dial in, it never rings the phone and goes straight to voicemail. If I swap it out for a 501, everything is fine. Put the 500 back, it doesn't work.

o Is there any documentation for the Endpoint Manager?

o When you make changes in the Endpoint Manager, it trumps all manual changes in the config files. Anyone know where the EM gets it's information? I am tired of changing the sames settings over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again. IT IS MADDENING!!!
    ----------------------
    **Found Answer**
    Files are dynamically created from vendor specific files located in /var/www/html/modules/endpoint_configuration/libs/vendors/
    Hope this helps others!

o Anyone know what differences Elastix sees between a 500 and a 501? Anybody?

Thanks in Advance for ANY insight you may have,

Ryan Carver-