Please help with Cisco 7940...Please

Discussion in 'IP Phones' started by xenoscion, Aug 5, 2009.

1. xenoscion

I am testing Elastix to replace Thirdlane. I am experienced with Asterisk, Trix and Thirdlane. Now I am really excited about possibly rolling out Elastix for our 8 office PBX, but I cannot get the endpoint to recognize all but 5 phones (cisco 7940). I think the issue is, is that they are old. I have tried adding this line :"insert into mac (id_vendor,value,description) values (2,'00:0A:41','Cisco 7940'); to add it to the DB with no luck.

Is there a command i need to right after that like vim and :wq for it to save. All i get after i enter that command is > . Is there a way I can edit them like in MS access?

I have also looked at http://www.elastix.org/index.php?option ... ac_address

and my mac is not even in there. I assume it is the first 3 octets. My mac for this phone is 00:0A:41:2B:7B:71

There has to be a way to do this and i would really appreciate the help.

2. Megabyte

I think we help you in the irc channel right, i think this is solved if not please tell us where you are stuck

3. xenoscion

Yes you solved my problem Alfio, thank you again. To recap I will post what you told me and the command I entered into the database. Alfio directed me to download SQLite2009 Pro here : http://link.osenxpsuite.net/?uid=homepa ... 009pro.zip

Then I opened the endpoints.db that i copied out of /var/www/endpoints.db once that was open select the "mac" table and what i entered was the following, this will vary of course depending on your vendor and the first 3 octets of your mac.

Code:
    INSERT INTO mac(id_vendor,value,description)
    VALUES(2,'00:0A:41','Cisco 7940')

Ok everything in red did not work actually, it did discovery my phone but since i copy pasted the database i think it did not like how i did so instead I modified the database with these commands.

Code:
    Sqlite3 /var/www/db/endpoint.db

VIEW MAC TABLE
    >select * from mac;

INSERT ROW TO MAC
    >insert into mac values(2,'00:0A:41','Cisco - 7940');

FIX ROW IN MAC
    >update mac set description='Cisco - 7940' where id=[39 or other id];

DELETE ROW FROM MAC
    >delete mac where id= [39 or other id];

I am still going to work on attaching the database remotely and seeing how that goes because a pretty GUI is always nice :)