PLEASE HELP!!! SYSTEM REJECTING CALLS!

sababa

Hi Everyone,

Please help me. I am going crazy. I have a system that randomly drops all the calls and then will stop accepting new calls until its rebooted.

So far I have separated the network, replaced switches, routers, firewalls, and today the whole system. I still have the problem.

Is anyone having similar issues?

Please help me. If I can't get it working soon I will have to switch to a traditional PBX.

Thanks
Gill

dicko

Had you considered adding some actual info about your system, you know like trunking and basic setup, some debugging logs perhaps, that sort of thing, so we know what you are talking about,

sababa

I have installed Elastix 2.0.0-36 on a Dell poweredge T110
I did not to any updates as not to aggravate it.
I have 14 Yealink phones and 1 PAP2T ATA on the system.

Usually (old box) when the system starts rejecting calls on the dashboard it will say there is one call in progress and under sip show channels there are a bunch on active channels

I have no debugging logs yet on the new system. I built it without using a backup from the first so it would be a completely different build.

Thanks

dicko

The logs should state why the calls are being rejected, sip debug will give more information, I suggest that you check with the provider that you are within your terms of service as to concurrent call limit.

If you have no problem with the provider check with an alternate provider, if they are also being rejected at the same time it is likely your network, possibly the router also possibly the ISP blocking your calls, although they deny it, it happens a lot, especially with those that offer their own telephony services. tcpdump/wireshark will help you notice.

sababa

Thanks for the reply

I have been troubleshooting with my provider and they say on their side everything looks good.

I have a capture running now so I guess I will see the results of that. I just put in a new router today (m0n0wall)

Lee Sharp

Just to clarify, this is two installs, but on the same hardware, correct? Is it possible you have some bad memory? Try running memtest86 for a few passes, and make sure the platform is solid.

sababa

Hi Lee,

Nope this is 1 install that I have done about 4 times already to make sure it is not my equip.

Latest was to put a new box in.

Thanks

Lee Sharp

I would grab a demo account with someone like TelCentris, and see if it is the provider, or the network.

sababa

HI Lee,

The system went down again. Same issue. I troubleshot it with my carrier and they told me it seems like my brand new m0n0wall is not allowing the packets through.
I know this is not the place for it but I know you are a dev for m0n0wall and I haven't gotten any responses from the m0n0 forum.
Would you be able to help me troubleshoot the m0n0wall there please? I can pay you for your time, I am just clueless on it and can't even figure out how to log into it remotely.

Thanks so much
Gill

sababa

by the way I have a pcap if anyone else can take a look at it and see maybe its not the firewall?

Lee Sharp

I will help you all I can. If you look in the m0n0wall mailing list I am quite active, and with the same name. (I am also on the forum, but not active) You can send me an e-mail at my full name with no punctuation at hal-pc followed by an org. Not that it will help much with spam, but every little bit...

sababa

Hi Lee,

I just emailed you I hope it went through. I didn't get a mailer daemon return.

Thanks
Gill

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fpino