play MOH if every extension from ringgroup is busy

Discussion in 'General' started by gerapcik, Dec 28, 2010.

1. gerapcik

Hi,

i have inbound route to call ring group 600 that contains 3 extensions with memoryhunt ring strategy.

now what happens:
    when i have incomming call, and 3 extensions are busy, calling persons hears nothing.

i would like that if 3 exetensions are busy or dont asnwer, some music on hold (and annoucement like 'all operators are busy at the moment, please hold on...') would be played until someone will answer.

is it possible to do?

thanks

2. circuitid

The best way to accomplish this is to use queues instead of ring groups and configure static agents for your queue. Queues have some of the same available ring strategies that ring groups have and when no one is available to answer, the caller will hear hold music.

You can also configure a breakout IVR after a specified time-frame (e.g. 1 minute) to play an announcement letting the caller know that all operators are busy at this time.

3. gerapcik

thanks. that's solved my problem!

because i am new, so i am not confident in IVR, so i have my doubts about configuration.

i would like to have this scenario:
    1. incomming call to queue and calee hears 'Welcome to Comany com...'
    2. after 25 secs. of waiting callee hears ' all operators are busy now, please hold on..'

and announcment and message files should be played 'on top' of moh music ( i mean that moh should be played as background music all the time). i hope it can be done

is it possible to config this with announcment on Queue for (1) and then IVR breakout message for (2)?

thanks