Play Announcement on outgoing calls, and recording

Discussion in 'General' started by okle100, Jul 22, 2009.

1. okle100

Hi All,

We are operating an small callcenter and have decided to use Elastix Distributin for the PBX.
    Now we are facing an regulatory problem, as all calls from the callcentre need to be Recorded for QA. On Incoming calls we have setup an QUEUE, and we are recording the calls on the operator extensions, but we also sometimes need to make outgoing calls from the callcentre.
    For this we need to setup Elastix on certain trunk or extension for outgoing calls to play an prerecorded announcement, and then to connect the call between the operator and the called person.

Is this possible, and if so can you give me some directions on how to set it up.

Best Regards, and Thank You.

2. Megabyte

You will do an automatic dial by the dialer or your agents will call manually?

3. okle100

Re:play Announcement on outgoing calls, and record

The calls will be done manually.

The situation is that someone will call in and open a ticket.
    Sometimes there is need for more information, witch is not supplied in the ticket by the customer, so then agents are supposed to call the client manually and get the additional information.

4. jgutierrez

Hi,
    Yes it may be done, but how would you like it to work? For instance one of your sales agents will dial manually to a phone number, and the call on your sales agent will hangup, your customer will hear an ivr, and enter some information/options, after that, the call will be assigned to a queue?

5. okle100

Well that would work, but i belevie in keeping it simple.

So the way i'd perfer it is just the agent dials an number from his extension. That extension is already set up to record outgoing calls. Then the call gets picked up, an annoucement is played on the line (either bouth, or only the called person hears the announcement), and then the conversation can continue.

If this way is possible i think it would be the best.

If this is not possible, or the IVR way is easer to setup, it is not the problem, just point me in the right direction :)

Thank yo for your assistance, and best regards.

6. jgutierrez

In that case, I would do something like this on /etc/asterisk/extensions_custom.conf

under the from-internal-custom context, add the following line:
    include => outbound-custom

Then at the end of the file write the following context:
    Code:
    [outbound-custom]
    exten => 7XXXXX.,1,Answer
    exten => 7XXXXX.,n,Dial(Local/${EXTEN:1}@from-internal,30,A(custom/your_recording))
    exten => 7XXXXX.,n,Hangup

Where 7 is a prefix, and it does that if it receives at least 6 digits

7. okle100

Thank You Very much, i think i undestand the script and I know what i need to do.