Placing a call on hold with Flash

Discussion in 'General' started by rslrdx, Aug 21, 2010.

1. rslrdx

Hi and TIA,

We were using a few sip phones and whenever we neede to place someone on hold, we used the hold button on the phone, and the caller stayed on hold till we pressed hold again, now we moved to analog phones connected over simple ATA´s and we thought we could place a caller on hold through the flash button, but it only works for a few seconds, then automatically the caller is not on hold again.

I´m wondering if there is something i need to configure somewhere to make the hold stick or some feature code i need to use to place people on hold??? :huh: Some of the phones dont have a mute button and that can be a problem.

I have searched the forum, the web and elastix without tears, but didnt find anything, maybe i´m looking for the wrong words, anyway, any help is apreciated.

Thank you,
    Rodrigo.
    :)

2. dicko

In Asterisk/dahdi a hook-flash is correctly handled, unfortunately nothing can be done by Elastix/Asterisk to change how your ATA is programmed to respond to such an event, it can only talk SIP to it, you must go and get that information from the manufacturer, they all behave differently so there is no one answer, but some can be persuaded to play SIP better than others.

dicko

3. ramoncio

Hi rslrdx,
    Maybe you should try call parking.

4. rslrdx

Thanks for the reply guys, I´ve looked at it and its the ATA i have now.

Anyone knows if the linksys PAP2 works ok with the hook flash and flash button?

Thanks again
    Rodrigo.