PIN Conferencing

santinelli

Hi Folks -

Just a quick question. I was wondering, is it possible to setup conferencing, so that I had 1 telephone #, and I give out PIN #'s for my users.

Thanks,

Steve

dicko

santinelli:

Just a quick answer, Yes.

(try page 101 of "Elastix Without Tears" (link in Documentation section))

santinelli

Thanks, I'll dig through it. :)

santinelli

ok, I read through it. Don't think that is what I was looking for. I basically want to have 1 phone number for outside folks to call (And an extension for inside users to call), and each employee would have a PIN # that they would use.

Does that make sense?

dicko

I believe that if you assign an inbound route to land on the conference number and the local users to just dial the conference number you will be good.

santinelli

Hmmm...

So, Setup Conference Rm's for each employee (all 150 of them) then point inbound routes for a pre-existing #? Don't think that will work.

I basically want to setup a inbound #, and you put in a pin # based off the conference you want. Then each person would have a pin # they could call the same # with.

So... lets say 603-123-4567 is the main line. When you call that # you are prompted for a PIN #. Now, Fred's PIN # is 7777, and Jane's is 7765. So if you are in a conference with Fred, you'd call the above # and put in 7777.

dicko

My apologies, I missed your plural "give out PIN #'s for my users." in the original post.

No, conferences in asterisk/freepbx don't work that way, as of now I believe that conferences only manage two passwords, the administrator's and the participants. Or a custom script to answer and get the user personal conference wanted and send the call to that personal conference.

but good luck.

santinelli

You did't waste my time Dick. :) I'm building out the system now, and looking at EVERYTHING, so maybe I do it a DIFFERENT way. :)

What I was thinking was that since we have a block of 300 #'s, maybe what I do is choose another block, say like the 5000's and assign that to them. If I DON'T put in a PIN #, they could just call the main # and put in the 'extension' which is really the conference rm.

The reason I'm looking at elastix and trixbox was there are no limts on conference rooms. All the other systems I've found have a set LIMIT of number of conference #'s. :)

Thanks!

dicko

Then perhaps:

[custom-conf]
include => from-internal
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,n, Set(TIMEOUT(absolute) = 8)
exten => s,n,read(EXT,custom/enter-conf-number,4); where enter-conf-number is a system recording you have prepared, we wait for 4 digits and proceed (if you are using 4 digit ext. of course
exten => s,n, noop(READ raw - ${EXT})
exten => s,n Set(CONF=5${EXT}) ; where 5 is the prefix to add to the extension to get the get to the relevant conference
exten => s,n, goto(from-internal,${CONF},1)
exten => s,n, Macro(hangupcall)

(a skeleton of a modified custom-thingies of mine, so please check the syntax.)

and send the inbound call to this context.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti