Phones Unregistered

jmorrison26

hi,

I have installed elastix 1.6 and using granstream gxp1200 ip phones. Today something weird happene, all my phones became unregistered at the same time. These were working perfectly until today.

End point scan show all the phones..indicating the PBX and the phones are still on the same LAN.

I also ran 'sip show peers'commands and all trunks were still online but for the extensions host=unspecified, port=0 and status=unknown.

Can anyone advise what could have happened.

Thanks in advance

rafael

this is weird. Can you register the phones again? What does the logs show when you try to register a phone.

regards,

Rafael

jmorrison26

I think i found what is causing the problem. Seems like the phones are dependent on the DNS IP to get registered to the sever (don't know how this could be).

Whenever the internet provider went down the phones became un-registered and when the internet is back up the phones registered again.This should not be has the phones and pbx are on same private network.

I confirmed that the dns was the issue by placing a fake dns ip in the server, when this was done all the phones got unregistered, when I placed back the real dns ip the phones became registered again.

any ideas?

dicko

I suggest you research a possible implementation of dnsmasq which is a "caching name server" and will probably fix all your problems with flaky providers, best suggestion though is to to dump the flaky provider at source

dicko

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marouen